Topic: PS2 HD question

Page 3 of 3
Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:06 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
All i was saying was that the HDD is a waste of money and if you want a useful hard drive that actually has some useful functions then a PC or Xbox is a better choice but i think you knew that before you asked that useless question...any thing else you didn't understand....stock market? women?

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:39 pm
quote : #32
calm down
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:11 pm
quote : #33
Type: NTSC-U/C
If a PS2 gamer can justify the means for a PS2 HDD, then it is not a waste of money. If that means faster load times in Resident Evil: Outbreak, being able to play FF:XI, new SOCOM 2 maps, putting games you have legally purchased on the HDD for faster loading or what have you, then that user is getting their money's worth.

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:00 am
quote : #34
TheMytho wrote:
If a PS2 gamer can justify the means for a PS2 HDD, then it is not a waste of money. If that means faster load times in Resident Evil: Outbreak, being able to play FF:XI, new SOCOM 2 maps, putting games you have legally purchased on the HDD for faster loading or what have you, then that user is getting their money's worth.

-Mytho

I couldn't agree more! NOTHING is a waste of money if it can be put to good use.

Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:14 am
quote : #35
Ahh, group hug!!!! just kidding

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:23 am
quote : #36
satoshi wrote:
I couldn't agree more! NOTHING is a waste of money if it can be put to good use.

words to live by.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:27 am
quote : #37
you can find HDD pretty cheap now.... i see them at EB sometimes for 50 or less. at the price you cant go wrong.
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:15 pm
quote : #38
Mir_wan wrote:
you can find HDD pretty cheap now.... i see them at EB sometimes for 50 or less. at the price you cant go wrong.

Fifty or less isn't too terrible a price for a HDD in general, if you shop at places like Wal*Mart for electronics.

If you can find it that cheap, it's definately worth a look, even if you don't own HDLoader or HDAdvance. Having to never worry about buying a PS2 memory card again (assuming your a patient gamer - swapping saves from HDD to Memory card from time to time) is totally worth it. Add an HD program to the mix, and it becoms an incredible tool.

Nothing like cutting down my THUG 2 loading times to 3-4 seconds. Even games without a huge amount of loading can benefit from being installed to a HDD. Metal Gear Solid 3 always had a 1-2 second delay when I went to my radio. Whether this was a normal amount of loading for the game, or my aging PS2's DVD drive is getting a little too long in the tooth, it doesn't matter. Off of my HDD, it's instant. And, my copy of MGS3 stays on the shelf in it's case, staying pristine and scratchless.

My ludicrous amount of game saves is kept sorted and easy to browse on folders on my HDD. All of my various THUG 2 parks/graphics/tricks are kept in a specific folder, all of my GT4 pictures have one, all of my TimeSplitters 3 maps have one... etc. it makes finding a specific save so much easier than browsing a card, or browsing multiple cards.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:57 pm
quote : #39
Having to never worry about buying a PS2 memory card again (assuming your a patient gamer - swapping saves from HDD to Memory card from time to time) is totally worth it.

Can you do this without extra software?

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:19 pm
quote : #40
No extra software needed - when you get the official HDD, it comes with drivers that update your PS2's internal browser and let you do all that sort of organizing and swapping from within the system.

Einhander, your post is strangely convincing me that I'll need to get a HDD of my own soon for those very reasons. Smile Sheesh.
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:52 pm
quote : #41
you better snatch a hdd when you see one because they are becoming rare to find in stores
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:39 pm
quote : #42
MICHAE2414 wrote:
Einhander, your post is strangely convincing me that I'll need to get a HDD of my own soon for those very reasons. Smile Sheesh.

I work in retail.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:27 pm
quote : #43
I'm gonna havta pick one up.