Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
Previous  1, 2
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:27 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
i just played an online demo on darkwatch that came on a xbox mag demo disk... I thought it was a lot of fun..... It seems different from the other FPS because its a dark western shooter..... Its a shame that the Ps2 online got cancelled. It could of added a variety to the FPS market
Posted:
Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:01 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey guys, I just got my latest mediocre edition of GamePro magazine(I still get these things for free), and the issue states that Darkwatch for the PS2 has offline splitscreen for 2 players, and offline CO-OP for 2 players. The xbox version doesn't have co-op.

Thought I would bring up this point for some of you multi-platform owners.
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:28 pm
quote : #18
lordnikon wrote:
Hey guys, I just got my latest mediocre edition of GamePro magazine(I still get these things for free)

HAHAHAH! I used to borrow issues of GamePro from my friends, and I'd concur that it is barely suited for toilet paper.

On-topic: There is an Xbox Live demo of Darkwatch floating around. I'd like to know if anyone has played it, and what their opinion of it is. I've heard nothing but good things lately.

-Mytho
Posted:
Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:56 pm
quote : #19
GameSpot has a video up featuring footage of the Co-Op gameplay on the PS2:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/darkwatch/media.html

^^^ Scroll down till you see Official Movie 3 Take a look at some explosive cooperative action in this movie.

This game is looking pretty crazy. At first I pegged this game to be another run of the mill FPS, as most developers are unable to pack in that extra "UMMMFFF". Seems like High Moon Studios may have come through on this game. It definatly has a Painkiller feel to it (minus the destructable environments).

Since we like to disect multi-player features, I think having co-op in this game on the PS2 was the perfect substitute for online, and in many respects saved this game in terms of multiplayer. 2 player deathmatch with no bots get tedius and boring. Back in the days of N64, yea it was passable. However these days, its just not a viable option. I don't know if Darkwatch has bots in splitscreen deathmatch. Regardless, the co-op beats offline 2 human DM any day of the week, with or without bots. Why? Because you and your friend are both the heroes, and its much more laid back.

Also I just gotta say, these screenshots really look fucking crazy:

If this game turns out good, and the fall / winter turns out to be another boring slew of mainstream "blah", then I might actually pick this game up for PS2.