Topic: Snowblind 9.96 at CC

Page 3 of 3
Flex_Relax
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:49 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
I've played snowblind and recently connected to the servers but they where empty. I don't understant, is there anyone from Europe playing the game online?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:47 am
quote : #32
Type: NTSC-U/C
Lots of players playing this online in the US. Not so many playing it online in Europe. Did some research and found out there are quite a few players complaining at the Snowblind official forums and at other places that they are unable to find players in Europe. You could scour the project snowblind forums at eidos for some PAL gamers. This guy even posted his email looking for some international players. I really wish I could do more and I feel for the players on either side of the fence that can't get games going because of the incompatability issues.

It seems that all of the FPS games that PAL gamers are playing on, are ones that are pal vs ntsc compatible. The only FPS that has a PAL region master list, and gets high traffic counts from PAL region players is Killzone.

But if your looking too pick up some more online games with high player counts, check out the PAL Region area of the online games list:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_gameslist_eu.php

Every game that has "NA" lit up in blue in the VS column has a lot of people playing. Ghost Recon Jungle Storm and Toca 2 would be some good games to pick up. Toca has been exploding lately.
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:50 am
quote : #33
Ok, thanks man. Its just strange that no one from Europe is playing this game online.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:51 am
quote : #34
Type: NTSC-U/C
Flex_Relax wrote:
Ok, thanks man. Its just strange that no one from Europe is playing this game online.

I know, it baffles me. I love snowblind and think it is an incredible game. One of my favorite FPS's on the PS2.

I think the market is really oversaturated right now. There just are not enough gamers to populate all these games. I don't think people in Europe are alienating Snowblind because they think its a bad game. They are just occupied with something else or own so many games they arn't able to devote serious time to snowblind online. It is a shame this game wasn't cross region compatible, as there are a ton of people playing this game in the states.