Topic: [Question] Central Station

Page 1 of 1
Flex_Relax
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello, i've recently purchased Socom, and i could only acess the online feature if i had a register at Central Station (im using the temporary 30 days register and waiting for the permanent code). My question is: all the games hosted by sony need the Central Station register, right? And the games hosted by other servers, like EA or UBISOFT don't need the Central Station Register? The Central Station register is needed for witch games?

Thanks

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:47 am
quote : #2
Are you from a PAL region like the UK? I don't think we have anything like that here. Then again, I don't play Socom.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:59 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi, you must be in a PAL region correct? Europe / Australia / New Zealand?

I live in the USA, but I have been brushing up on my knowledge of the PAL PS2 network gaming setup. As far as I know a Central Station login is required for Sony hosted PS2 online games.

Other games hosted on GameSpy, UbiSoft, EA, Capcom do not require Central Station id's. But may or may not have their own invididual sign up processes. However they are not as complicated as Central Station. Most are just a user id for stats tracking / friends lists... which you sign up for in-game or at a website. Very easy. Some games do not require any login id at all.

Be sure to scope out the Online Game List:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_gameslist.php

We are making a constant effort to track cross region compataibility. Meaning which games have cross region support with North America vs PAL Territories...(and asia as well but those are rare cases).

Also would be good to run some searches over at the Playstation.com UK boards if you are having any other issues with Central Station.

Hope things go well and you are online with Socom shortly. BTW: Do you own Socom 1 or 2?
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:40 am
quote : #4
Yes, i'm from a PAL region, from (Europe) Portugal. Here we need a Central Station ID to be able to play games hosted by sony, like socom (i have Socom 1 and i'm waiting for the second one to arrive). First time i tried to play Socom, it asked for the Central Station ID, so i register at Central Station. The thing is, here in Portugal when you buy a PS2, it comes with a network acess code so you could be able to register at Central Station (without that code, its not possible to register at central station). Also, the code is temporary (valid for 30 days) while you wait for sony to send by mail the permanent code. This only happens with the games hosted by Sony, because in games like midnigth club 3 or need for speed we don't need that code, its only necessary to configure the PS2 with the network cd, and thats all.

I thought it was the same for all countries, it seems that here in Portugal its more complicated Mad

And, i can play Socom 1 online, no problem. Just wanted to know information. Cool

Thanks

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:28 am
quote : #5
i didnt know they had that for the PAL region
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:01 pm
quote : #6
Yeah, its strange. Wink

Well the only good thing is that i don't have to wait to play online games hosted by Sony. Because the temporary register works fine Razz