Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:34 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just wanted to point out a bunch of new tribes:aa commands and controller configurations were released over at tribesaa.com As reg user Apple pointed out in another thread, one of the features I believe.

Anyways the point of this thread is the stuff over at tribes:aa is kinda jumbled and scattered through multiple posts to find the correct and complete information on some of the commands. In the next day or so I will have a new guide up under Game Guides for Tribes:AA stuff.

Should be very informative and easy to follow.
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:27 am
quote : #2
My CHAT-TEST video guide almost seems out of date since EXPERT-A and EXPERT-B can take over for it. If you want and I'm bored I'll make a guide to expert controls, but just for fun you can watch this to know what sort of fun junk you can do with them. I'd probably just take wha't in that video and annex it with how do it, but that's boring. Cool

If you want info/news from Tribesaa.com that's slightly more organized go to http://www.taahq.com where members from tribesaa.com post important news. I barely visit it myself because I get the news from the forum.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:21 pm
quote : #3
Man ahahhaa you guys juggling all those weapons was hilarious hahahahha i was laughing my ass off when I saw that ROFL.

Hey how did you get a game where there were that many different colored flags? Puzzled on how you did that.
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:29 am
quote : #4
Hunters. Rocks. (But no one plays it.)

{WOB} Orochi
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:59 pm
quote : #5
Are there any new thing on the commands for server teams or CTF team names? Like say you change the team storm to ".POW" i've seen it done before on one server with and was just wondeing how it's done, cause when i looked at their team name i was like Shocked Shocked Shocked "WT*" If anyone could find out or what that would be awesome. Till then Later...
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:30 pm
quote : #6
woe....wait you can change the name of the team? Like Team Storm.POW ??????
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:57 pm
quote : #7
I see that done all the time in Tribes 2 (PC), but I have no idea how to do it. If you're hosting a PC server, I think it's in the server config file (dedicated.cfg maybe?). Though I have no idea how to do this in a PS2 game, maybe if I had access to the PC server software..

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:04 pm
quote : #8
Apple to the rescue!

Ok if 5 people from OC went into an AADS with the tag [OC] on and you all were on the same team, then you're team name would be [OC] yay! (I think it can also be done manually but they don't do that.)

(P.S. I just thought of something. You know there's IRC bots that broadcast matches right? Just checking.)

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:27 pm
quote : #9
Apple wrote:
(P.S. I just thought of something. You know there's IRC bots that broadcast matches right? Just checking.)

What network? what channel?
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:29 am
quote : #10
Oh wow then you should be somewhat excited about this. It's been around since well the first tourney. Anyway we've changed servers since then. The link for the #tribesaa channel on the dynamix server is at the top of TribesAA.com and if you go there at the time of a tourney or TWL match they will tell you (usually in the topic name) where you can go to watch the IRC broadcast. Etiquette says no talking in a broadcast so shhhh...

I'm not sure if you can get IRC Broadcast service if you reserve a server from Linkin, but I can find out for you.

For past broadcasts theres a whole locked section dedicated to the tourney broadcasts which I think Blitz Ace mods.

I guess the TWL ones either go on the TWL site or have no home.

EDIT: I just read Bori's things no to do in the broadcast room from almost exactly a year ago (at the top of aforementioned forum.) It seems so outdated now since I think you automatically have no voice, but I haven't checked a broadcast in a while.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:07 pm
quote : #11
Ahhh word Very Happy I'll have to get up on that. I live on IRC. LOL :]