Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Does a refurbished console from gamestop or ebgames mean that it was broke and fixed by sony or gamestop corp.? Also a used system is different from refurbished because it's a working console traded in by a customer?
Posted:
Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think it varies in every store like that.

Einhander
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:17 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I don't know about GameStop, but at the GameCrazy I worked at, Refurbished meant it was sent to us repaired, cleaned, and in a sealed refurb box directly from Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft (although we never got any refurbished X-boxes, but that's simply because Microsoft was repairing them, cleaning them up, and repacking them as new last holiday season to compensate for a shortage).

Used was simply a system that a customer had traded in.

Sometimes, if we got a system that was in really good shape, I'd clean it up or repair it, if it wasn't in working condition), and we'd sell it as a used priduct, but at a slightly higher price. Sort of like a "store refurbishment". For example, once in a blue moon an SNES would come in that was in pristine condition (i.e. - no yellowing), so we'd clean it up, shine up the contacts, and mark it up $5-$10 higher than the average yellowed system. Usually we'd throw in an extra controller or something along those lines as well.