Page 1 of 1
gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:59 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I thought of this a while ago.I have one of the launch ps2s that won't play that many games anymore.So far it only plays about 6 games all of them being dvds but it won't play all of my dvds. I just thought of it why don't people just buya new laser, install that and be happy? Is it hard to change the lasers or something?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:36 am
quote : #2
Swapping around PS2 hardware is not recommended. I would look up a guide on the net for adjusting a little white disc in your PS2. Search for "PS2 fix DRE" or something similar.
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:07 pm
quote : #3
it might be hard to do
Posted:
Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:06 pm
quote : #4
Well I can't do that move the little white gear because I tried it only everyone single sprocket and nothing.But I think what the problem is I'll set that laser to a spot different then what default is and when I turn it back on the gear spins and resets itself to the default position.I don't know how to make it so I doesn't move back.

killer-elite
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:37 am
quote : #5
That sucks...you should look Online about that..theirs people who run a Bussiness fixing PS2's and such related stuff

Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:19 am
quote : #6
At this point, you might as well buy a new PS2. Trying to fix something like a laser or drive can lead to more damage unless you know enough about electronics to fix equipment. Its worth a try since your warranty is long gone but it looks like a new PS2 is in order.

Last edited by Freshcut_t70 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:49 pm
quote : #7
Kinda funny because I went thru the same thing. I was gonna start fixing PS2's at one time to make some xtra money. Turns out that the first one I bought off ebay was a different model than the model I knew how to fix. My personal PS2 went down with a disc read error and the only thing it needed was a q-tip and some alcohol. The PS2 I bought off ebay was in excellent condition and had no dust in it. So after the lens cleaning didnt work I started with the white gears..... lol Im sure if I would have played around with it for a couple more days, I would have gotten the right laser adjustment. I ended up selling it right back on ebay im sure the buyer fixed it and had a good console.