Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:25 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well here is some late breaking news on BMO from japan "27.11.03 - Hudson communicates that Bomberman on-line in the middle of will be available February in Japan. At the same time the possible on-line duels cost Yen 500 (euro 3.85/USD 4.5Cool per month. "

If BMO hits the US and there is a monthly fee, I will probobly go insane. Gaming in japan and gaming in the US are like night and day....2 completly different worlds. Even the devisions are different....so.....it could easily come to the US with no fees.

But if it does....i'll still go insane.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:53 pm
quote : #2
Ewwww...

Not the most welcome news in the world. Better than hearing of a cancellation, but still unpleasant.

I have to admit that $4.50 a month is not that much, and I could probably be talked into paying it. The problem here is that Bomberman only reaches it's true potential for fun (and after all, isn't that the point?) when you're playing with other people. As many other people as possible. As in, at least three others. Charging a fee is going to limit the number of people who are on; I can't guarantee that all of the people that I would want to play with would be willing to shell out a recurring fee.

As you said, this might not carry over to the US, but then again, it might. We shall see.

I'm still hoping that it comes out over here at all. (And yes, I am going to buy it no matter what.)

Rabbit
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:54 pm
quote : #3
i didn't read your post, but judging from the Subject, i'll tell you that no game for playstation online has a monthly fee, the only ones that do are MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games)

some MMORPGS:

Everquest Online Adventures
Everquest Online Adventures: Frontiers
Final Fantasy XI

ORPGs are free, and so are the others like:
SOCOM (1 and 2), Tribes:AA, Madden 2003, etc.
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:48 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Rabbit wrote:
i didn't read your post...

You should have read it, because your reply was telling us something we already knew. Smile We know most PS2 online games right now do not have a service fee. However since everygame is handled by their individual company there is sufficient room for a company here and their to think they can make profit and start charging gamers for a specific game. A la Resident Evil Outbreak, which capcom could easily charge a fee for in the united states.