Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
On Wednesday a series of server side fixes are going up for Battlefield 2. A game patch could also be on the way. Please read the following information as reported by the Battlefield 2 dev team: "We believe that we have corrected the server side problems with Medal and stats loss. However, it’s quite possible that there is a game server issue as well and we’re looking into that. You should make sure that when joining a server you set Competitive to “YES” as otherwise your scores and awards will not be carried over. There was also an issue with Time Played being reset by the game server but this should also be resolved with the current server patch rolled out yesterday.

Lag - The game team is working on this. They have identified some issues which may cause at least some of what people are experiencing. They could have a build tomorrow that could be thru QA before the end of the week, if all goes according to plan.

Every Tuesday morning at 3am PST we take the servers down for approximately two hours for regular scheduled maintenance. We chose this time as it has minimal traffic, but please be aware of this and do not attempt to log on during this period. In addition, servers are currently rebooted at 5am PST each morning to alleviate some of the lag issues. As soon as the root of the lag problem is remedied we will stop the daily reset."

For more info be sure to keep an eye on the BF2:MC official news page:
http://www.eagames.com/bf2mc/news.jsp

I'll be sure to keep you guys informed of any further updates.

Also by this weekend a block on the front page featuring links to server news for various games will be up for quick click access.

Last edited by lordnikon on Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:41 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
I find it pretty admirable to see the Battlefield dev team taking care of its online players like this, addressing the issues of both Xbox Live and PS2 online play instead of ignoring them or anything. BF2:MC is a game I'm just waiting to try out, and it's always great to hear that an online console game is being given a level of treatment like this that isn't seen with some other games.