Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
1, 2  Next
kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
man i just found out that there are two other network adapter startup discs out there with different demos!! my friend just got a network adapter and he has v2.0 it has playable demos of my street, everquest(7 day free trial), nba 2k3, and amplitude!! man i wish i could get all three of them Evil or Very Mad

DAMNIT!

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:25 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Woe crazy! Atleast sony is making better startup discs. Hmm I wish we could get our hands on them hehe Smile
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:10 am
quote : #3
i wonder if we asked nicely if sony would make them like a part of a game set or something... i want those demos too!@!
DS-Kingdom Hearts, Advanced Wars 2, Feel The Magic
eMac- World of Warcraft
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:11 am
quote : #4
kodabb51 wrote:
man i just found out that there are two other network adapter startup discs out there with different demos!! my friend just got a network adapter and he has v2.0 it has playable demos of my street, everquest(7 day free trial), nba 2k3, and amplitude!

Well, tell your friend it beats having only Frequency and Madden to play. Only like 15-20 people are on Frequency anymore, and I usually cannot connect to Madden. Sad

-Mytho

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:13 am
quote : #5
kodabb51 wrote:
man i just found out that there are two other network adapter startup discs out there with different demos!! my friend just got a network adapter and he has v2.0 it has playable demos of my street, everquest(7 day free trial), nba 2k3, and amplitude!! man i wish i could get all three of them Evil or Very Mad

<a href="http://www.us.playstation.com/Events.aspx?id=31">DAMNIT!</a>

I got my network adapter when it first came out (and it was hell finding one), and I remember Sony saying that eventually they were going to rotate the demos in the future. So I guess the future is now. Very Happy

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:12 am
quote : #6
Man, I'd like to get my hands on any official Network Adaptor setup disc (so I too would like to see them available elsewhere).

I got my Network Adaptor secondhand, and it didn't have the disc. I still haven't gotten around to picking up a networkable game with the setup on it (XIII didn't have it). Besides, I'd just like to have an offical setup disc, you know?
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:54 am
quote : #7
man thats what that was when i went to Gamestop the other day i saw some different discs the had them for sell but i just thought they were those other disks those jump somthing discs i never wold have thought that sony would release other demo discs ....

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:41 pm
quote : #8
TheMytho wrote:
Well, tell your friend it beats having only Frequency and Madden to play. Only like 15-20 people are on Frequency anymore, and I usually cannot connect to Madden. Sad

-Mytho

I know how that is.. I hate madden, but I find myself on it everynow and then.. But Frequency, however, now THERE'S a game!

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:19 pm
quote : #9
frequeny is to crazy for me i feel like im going to throw up when i paly that game what is with all the spinning things in that game, any way people just use those demos as chat rooms no one acctually plays the game ..........

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:15 pm
quote : #10
I have ver 2.5
it has a playable Madden '04 and Tiger Woods '04.
SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:33 pm
quote : #11
Quote:
any way people just use those demos as chat rooms no one acctually plays the game ..........

Yea id rather buy the real game then play a demo cuz alot of ppl do exactly this they use the demo as a chat room. lol cuz in the real game ppl in the lobby evetually get pissed when all ur doin is just chatin and dont wanna play.
Posted:
Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:59 pm
quote : #12
Anyone know how to get any of the other versions of the start-up discs? I got v1.0 with the Frequency demo and Madden NFL 2004 demo (dead), and I haven't touched the disc at all in a long time.
Posted:
Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:14 pm
quote : #13
I dont understand y u guys wanna waste ur money on demos? Confused
Posted:
Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:48 pm
quote : #14
SolidSnake wrote:
I dont understand y u guys wanna waste ur money on demos? Confused

The demos have mutliple games on them. The discs are relatively cheap and they allow us to try several games without going out and renting them or buying them.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:19 pm
quote : #15
I guess but demos dont let u explore all the games features and sumtimes demos are more like beta versions of games. So somthing thats in the demo may be different in the real game. I would rather spend my 5 bucks on renting it and play the online mode to the fullest