Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:50 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Sega Ages: Panzer Dragoon is coming out on the PS2 in japan! I have to get PS2 import enabled already. This rules!

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:45 pm
quote : #2
Yup, my number one priority in life just became making my PS2 import frendley and getting this.

Here is a little info on it
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/651/651972p1.html
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:09 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Im probobly going to use some sort of a slide card method or basic mod on a slim model. No soldering though. I would prefer boot disc. I hate fucking with the hardware because you can lower the consoles lifespan that way.

I have had getting a PS2 setup for imports as an important thing to do for a while, however this just sent me over the edge, and now it becomes ultra important! hehe

Plus then I can snag Space Harrier Collection (has the original space harrier games, not just the rehash from Sega Classics compilation) and Fighting Vipers as well :]
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:44 pm
quote : #4
Nikon,

I would suggest bypassing the Slide Card and instead opting for a new flip-top cover. They only take 6 or 8 screws to install and use the same CD boot disc as the slide card.

I bought a pre-owned PS2 that the previous owner used a slide card with, and unfortunately, it can wear out the tray mechanism something fierce. Mine sounds awful when it opens and closes, and I'm just waiting for the day it stops moving. Had I known it was previously used with a Swap Magic Slide Card, I would have bought a different PS2.

Anyway, I think swapping for a flip-top case poses less risk than either the slide card or soldering in a mod chip.

Hello Children!
Check out Scent of a Robot at http://www.petemiser.com/
Lunar Eclipse
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:50 pm
quote : #5
Panzer Dragoon is at the top of my list of games I haven't played that I need to play. I never owned a Saturn, and that's one thing that I regret completely. i would love to play some of the great games that game out on the Saturn, and Panzer Dragoon sounds like the best place to start. Sadly, I don't really want to mod my PS2 eventhough I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult since I'm pretty proficient with soldering. At some point, they need to make old Sega games more widely available, or I'll have to at least buy an old Saturn . . .