Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok so, I have been racking my brain like crazy as to why I couldn't get the EXPERT controls to save after I had cleared them. This was after Satoshi got his settings to finally save right. I kept trying and trying and couldn't get it to re-save after I had deleted it. Well, it turns out the nYko 8MB memory card won't allow for the settings to be saved to the TAA save. You can play a save that have had the settings saved from an official memory card, but you cannot delete the settings and then try to re-apply them using just a nYko memory card.

So you will need to somehow save the TribesAA expert settings using an official memory card. Then copy it over to the card of your choice and it will work fine.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:46 pm
quote : #2
Thats messed up! I have the yellow Nyko Memory Card.
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:04 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Is that the only card you have? If so, you can always have a friend bring over their memory card if its official, and move your save over to his card, and then get the expert controls added, and then copy the save back over onto your memory card. Or, just wait till you have some spare cash, and hunt for a sweet deal on a PS2 memory card. I am personally am going to be buying a lot of stock for PS2 and GC in the upcoming months. So if I score some hot deals online, I could hook you up with an official one.

You can still play TribesAA of course with the nYko card, you just won't be able to use CHAT-TEST or EXPERT-A or B.

Maybe I could bring it up where Ricochette hangs out over at gamerplug and ask him to try to get it to work with the nYko card.

Although, it could be some sort of weird combination of the card + my router / internet connection. So might want to give it a try yourself to see if you can get it to work.

I'm just glad I got it sorted out, since it was driving me mental that it wasn't working.