Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This news completely shocked me. I was updating the releases list, when I stumbled across this insane news. Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition REMIX?!!? It seems we Playstation 2 Online gamers keep getting some new treat we never expected. This one came out of nowhere. Check this out. The game will have 24 new vehicles! As well as a new city added (Tokyo). On top of this, new music, new races, and new battle maps will be available. You get all of this for a low price of $19.99.

"We are thrilled with the response Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition received, and we wanted to be able to give something extra to the fans who have supported the series throughout the years," said Rockstar's Dan Houser.

After writing the Socom 3 post, this news has me grinning from ear to ear. Thank you Rockstar for carrying on the tradition of rewarding your loyal fan base.

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix will hit store shelves on March 13th.

Authors Note: I am snatching this up for sure. It is too good of a deal to pass up. A game that is online forever, and has keyboard support which I love. To DaMan, and TheMytho, don't worry I am still going to be getting MC2 again like I originally promissed. I have thoroughly checked out MC3, and have deduced that I like MC2 a bit better. I was originally just going to get MC2, but this new release of MC3 is like icing on the cake. I don't know how anyone could pass up that offer.

Last edited by lordnikon on Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:36 am
quote : #2
yes indeed i will get it as well that day. unfortunately thats a dubious day for us online gamers, that the same day as metal gear online i believe, also gr3 is 2 weeks aways. yikes!!! too many games, and im still having too much fun with 25 to life.
Posted:
Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:10 am
quote : #3
Yea... there is a big hole in my desk, it looks like a shark took a piece out of it. It was actually me smashing my head down after seeing the string of releases coming out the same day.

Another game I have wanted for the longest time, which has been out in Japan but is just barely making it to the US, is Kaido Battle, which is being renamed as "Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift". I am a huge fan of the Tokyo Extreme Racer series, and as far as I am concerned, these are the ultimate street racing games. This game is coming out that week also.

I can wait on MGS3:Subsistence since I already own the original MGS3. I am still working my way through the single player campaign.

The one thing I am wondering is, when playing Online, would Dub Remix have some sort of indicator to show people are playing different maps. I know this game is going to be playing with the same people who own the original MC3. Personally I think this is fucking great, and Ubisoft should have done this with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (made it just play with Pandora Tomarrow players).

It keeps the community all in one place. Rockstar could have spent the time making Midnight Club 4. Instead they made a revamped Midnight Club 3, and all MC3 players will be playing in the same location. As long as Rockstar makes Midnight Club 4, for next generation systems, then MC3 will be a Playstation 2 online mainstay.
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:37 pm
quote : #4
it's coo but ammmmmn i don't feel like rebuying the game even with the added bonuses
Posted:
Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:48 pm
quote : #5
Yea, that is understandable of course :] I would probobly be in the same position if I had the original MC3, but I didn't own the game yet so I picked up the remix version. The good thing is we can play online together with either version :]