Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:02 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
To put it bluntly, I can't connect with Ampiltude Crying or Very sad I hope its just a communication error ofr something and they haven't shut the servers down. I'll look it up on Sony's website to see if it online after I post this. Please anyone else who has ampiltude try to connect to see if you can.

JimSensei
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:57 am
quote : #2
Checking into this myself.

EDIT: Amplitude is still online.

It's your connection or something.

Making these kind of topics without checking first can lead to mis-information, so check before you post next time Razz

You had me worried for a second. I use to play Amp all the time.
Posted:
Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:08 pm
quote : #3
It is ok to make threads about connection problems. However gRiMgRaVy014 in the future, and to others, try not to post information that missleads others to assuming at a game is offline. It is sort of like crying wolf, even though I know you were not trying to intentionally do it.

Some people only read the cover, they don't read what is inside. This is a big reason why "number scores" are so popular with video game reviews because people will only look at the score and not read anything else. A person is bound to come here and read this thread and then go posting all over the internet that Amplitude is offline, without reading the actual thread to put it into context.

I edited the title so others don't get confused. It is good to hear that the game is still online.
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:22 pm
quote : #4
I will give you some advice on connecting to Amp;

Check to make sure you're using the right connection. If you're using DSL, select and confirm your DSL set-up. For example, I have my Ps2 online for both dial-up and DSL.

Reset your modem. I do this when stuff happens. There is usually a button you need to use a pin to reach. Sometimes, you have to leave it off for 15 minutes.

Post the error message you get when you attempt to connect, and one of us can help.
Posted:
Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:17 am
quote : #5
I'm sorry about this thread, my firewall was not allowing my ps2 to use the internet. I thought it was a server problem because I could conenct perfectly through tribes. Sorry for the mix up.