Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
1, 2  Next
Hooligan 77
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have found a new love of my life and that love is MGS Subsistence. This is my new all time favorite game. After I get done playing my guitar for hours I will be playing this game for even longer dude. I played until 4am this morning. It runs so well online, that in my personal opinion, I think it is probably one of the best games out on the PS2 for online gaming. The offline is just as cool as well. The new 3rd person view is flawless. With that said, I am outta here. If you own this game and want to meet up online add me to your Jabber list, my user name is HOOLIGAN 77.

My user name is myspace/hooligan_77 on Star Wars Battlefront.
Star Wars Battlefront and PSU are the only games I play online currently for my PS2.
kontact
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:01 am
quote : #2
Since you've played it maybe you can answer this. I haven't done EXTENSIVE research but I have seen 3 different videos of the multiplayer online, every video I watched it seems like everyone meets up in the open and just takes shots at each other. It almost reminded me of Acid on PSP, they just stood there like they are taking turns. Either the gamesite people are complete idiots or this is a different style of play. Can you confirm is it pretty free to run around, hide, shoot at distances etc....?

Thanks

JimSensei
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:05 am
quote : #3
You can't just rush at your enemy. You have to hide and take advantge of the area to get a leap on them. Also, even if you're the first to start shooting in a firefight, that doesn't mean you'll win. You have to watch your steps and movement.
Posted:
Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:05 am
quote : #4
I finally got my copy of MGS3SLE after much waiting, but I won't be able to try anything out until this weekend at the earliest. I'll be on Jabber if I'm able to get online anytime soon, though.

Ugh, stupid school. Rolling Eyes I don't think I can wait much longer to play Metal Gear online.
Posted:
Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:39 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
a usal ? from me.....how's it do over ics?
Posted:
Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:49 am
quote : #6
And I have to say that it was worth the $30.00 bucks that i used to buy it....really fun Online. I've been playing for a couple of days and I'm still a noob in this game, so to speak, but this is a game that I really want to put some time into towards learning all the tatics towards playing this game. Also the game looks great online, I only wish they would of had a option of make the game First person Only or Third Person only cause toggeling in-between is hard. Otherwise this is a pretty flawless game online...

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:58 pm
quote : #7
Yeah; also note that it's a matter of playing with the right people, too. Apparently, people are being kicked by hosts for being too good or using weapons/tactics the host doesn't like (though I haven't experienced being kicked myself yet). For example, the Scorpion gun is laser-guided which some would see as cheap but others would see as a dead giveaway to one's position.

Like I said, the right games with the right people can make the difference in a game like this. I hope an OC match can be set up soon enough, even though I'm still pretty new to the game.
Posted:
Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:50 pm
quote : #8
I have experianced this being booted by the host. it really stinks. you just start to get in the lead and then you get booted.
also whenever I sign on I get a promt that says that i cant host a game under the current network enviroment.
whatv does this mean?
i think it is because i might be behind a firewall.
Posted:
Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:42 pm
quote : #9
I think it's most likely a problem with ports on your router. My D-Link forwarded all the ports naturally under automatic settings, so yeah, looks like the firewall's the issue. Here's what Konami's Metal Gear Online FAQ states:

Quote:
What are the port number requirements for Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence?
The followings port numbers are necessary for Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence.

TCP port: 80,443, 5730-5733
UDP port: 5730-5739
(The port number is not fixed for automatic setting.)

Set those ports forward on your router to your PS2's IP address and it should work fine. If problems persist, you may need to try set your PS2's IP address as a DMZ host. In either case, these are the pages I went to for help:
(officially) Konami - MGS3: Subsistence Online FAQ
(unofficially) PlayStation.com Message Boards - "Can't create a game? Detailed step-by-step guide inside..."

Good luck.
Posted:
Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:28 am
quote : #10
I lost my FOX ranking earlier today ;_;

Anyways, the game is fun, but the auto targetting sucks ass. Somethings, you can't target someone because....you know what? I'm not going to bother. Sometimes, I've had a box or desk infront of me, with a guy right infront of said box and me on the other side. I couldn't auto target him. Another time, I was on a desk, and couldn't auto target a guy a few feet infront of me.
Posted:
Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:23 pm
quote : #11
most likely you couldnt auto target when you were on the desk because you were above that person and auto-aim stinks.
Posted:
Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:26 pm
quote : #12
I don't have a rank yet. Neutral

I think it's kind of a good thing that auto-aim craps out like that -- it forces people to actually aim and go into first-person view for the best shots. I have to resort to using L1 is close quarters, but I know I can't rely on it to always work. People who always use L1 + Square aren't going to get too far in the long run, IMO, and I'm trying to avoid doing that.
Posted:
Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:19 am
quote : #13
With the AK, I use L1+Square and duck. It works like a dream. I've killed people all the way across the map on Ghost Factory doing that.
Posted:
Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:34 pm
quote : #14
my tactics are to get iin a high place with the M16 and snipe using R1+L1 . it works best in C.U.S
Posted:
Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:52 pm
quote : #15
After playing a bit today, I encountered some glitches I heard about, too - people lying down and shooting through walls, a dead body on the ground still being "alive" and shooting off others, etc. Most of all, though, any lag makes CQCing enemies useless since characters just jump about on the screen while I somehow end up on the floor. My death count stat is starting to go through the roof and it's getting tough not being able to manage L1+R1 effectively...ugh, I need more practice. Sad