Page Location: Home > Archive > Monster Hunter (Archive) > Topic
Lunar Eclipse
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:25 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I finally got to HR13, so now I can finally get some better equipment since I can now mine for Dragonite, Rustones, Firestones, and more. Right now, I'm working on an getting an Ancient Blade since I just recently found a Great Sword Ruststone and have already upgraded it to the Legendary Great Sword (Ancient Blade is the next upgrade). The problem there is that I've already used about 50 Earth Crystals and need 60 more, so yeah, that'll take a while. I also need another 60000z, but that's not too big a deal since I'm almost there anyways. It's really awesome how many new options open up to you once you get to HR13 in terms of armor and weapons, so now the real fun begins. Anyways, just to best Nikon, I've been working on creating a weapon collection that includes every single "final" weapon. Right now, it's pretty meager, but here's what I have so far:

Great Swords:
Eager Cleaver
Redwing (will become Rathalos Fire Sword when ever I feel like finishing it)
Legendary Great Sword (will become Ancient Blade as described above)

Lances:
Rampart (will become Babel Spear)

Hammers:
None

Sword and Shield:
None

Dual Swords:
Cyclone

Bowguns: None

As you can see, I have a long way to go, but I've really just started working on my collection this weekend, so that's to be be expected. Right now, my focus is on great swords, but I'll probably soon shift to lances. Anyways, thanks for listening to me babble about nothing in particular.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:13 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I will most likely be compiling a lot of low level weapons at first, and upgrading them to "mid" power level. I want to get a nice arsenal of variety so I can tackle multiple tasks. Plus I want to get enough gear available to have a Gunners set and a Blade Masters set. Then when we need either or, I can switch over to Gunner equipment. I just like having things that look differently, so I will be spending a lot of money to acquire a lot of items with variety early on. Then later I will focus on the more expensive high level weapons.

It is going to take a while to collect every weapon and armor available. Especially for me, since a lot of my time gets devoted to Phantasy Star Online, and I am trying to keep up with a variety of other titles as well.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:33 am
quote : #3
Yeah, I am really wanting to start on some Gunner armor. I'm thinking that since I have a ton of extra Rathian stuff, that I might make a full Rathian Gunner set. That'll be pretty costly, but I don't really mind. I'm just waiting until I can make a really nice Bowgun, and then I'll do it all at once. I feel like I'm missing half of the game by not gunning. I've never gunned before, and the gameplay experience is supposedly very different for Gunners (as opposed to Blademasters) so that could be fun. And also, like you said Nikon, Gunners are very useful in certain situations, so it'd be nice to have that option and be able to help out the group in a different way.