Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm just letting people know that I am not going online with Subsistence until I finish the original snake eater. But I put in some hardcore hours this weekend and got really far in the game. So it shouldn't be too much longer before I am able to play some online.

I chose not to go online yet with subsistence in order to not spoil the single player experience. Also, I wanted to finish playing through the game with the original camera angle as well.

Last edited by lordnikon on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:52 pm
quote : #2
Yeah, I played a hefty amount of what I cleverly called "preview hours" on Subsistence's online mode without having finished Snake Eater...and yes, it was a mistake. I spoiled the single-player a bit by visiting all the areas online ahead of time, but oh, well. Online's like a guilty pleasure now and it's my own fault. Razz

I've decided to head back to Snake Eater, though, and actually get through it all before spoiling myself again with online. It's tough.
Posted:
Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:56 pm
quote : #3
Nikon, where are you at?

LNA-Big_D
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:26 pm
quote : #4
I dont have this problem because i finished the game within 3 days of getting it in 2004.
Posted:
Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:15 am
quote : #5
yeah the single player experience is great in itself...... so many memorable moments

killer-elite
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:50 pm
quote : #6
I just got this game and noticed that the Downloadable Outfits for Snake have been taken out...Does anyone mind having this option missing???

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:26 pm
quote : #7
Tao wrote:
Nikon, where are you at?

I'm close to finishing the game I believe. Not going to say where since I don't want to drop any spoilers for others.

killer-elite wrote:
I just got this game and noticed that the Downloadable Outfits for Snake have been taken out...Does anyone mind having this option missing???

The 3 downloadable outfits from snake eater are available by default in subsistence I think. I was waiting to discuss this in another thread. I will create one about the outfits when I wake up.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:51 pm
quote : #8
in subsistence?
try completeing the virtueus mission
Posted:
Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:36 am
quote : #9
I'm not playing subsistence right now. I am playing the original MGS3 Snake Eater.
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:26 am
quote : #10
The Camo Download for Subsistence works just like the one in Snake Eater, except that you don't have to go online. You just download the camo off the disc and onto your memory card.
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:13 pm
quote : #11
*scratches head* what do you mean? There are cammo's that become available in the game, but you have to download them as seperate files to the disc for subsistance? That seems weird. Why didn't they just make them as unlockable content, and have them appear with all of the other cammo's in the game?
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:26 pm
quote : #12
It is a little weird. The extra camos still save to the memory card, but they aren't technically "downloaded" since they reside on the disc and are simply chosen from an offline menu outside of the single-player game. Neutral