Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:56 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Below is a direct reference from GameSpot Developer Diaries on some of the upcoming features in "TheSims: Bustin' Out". Which for the PS2, features full online multi-player capabilities. I figured rather than re-writing the entire stack of information to just quote it:

By Mike Perry, Game Designer - This year we have answered a longtime fan request with our online play in the form of weekends in The Sims Bustin' Out. We're really excited about offering fans weekends, because it's the first time any version of The Sims has incorporated this feature. Since this is also the first year that we're going online with the PlayStation 2, we worked very hard to perfect the experience. The Sims Bustin' Out features two-player cooperative gameplay online, which lets you experience weekends with no work obligations. Most people know that you can skip a day of work in The Sims without losing your job, but you always get that nagging phone call during the day. If you want to have some truly guilt-free time off work, go online. You can invite another player over to check out your customized locations and show off how stylishly you've decorated your pad. Online also features a trading system that lets you swap the objects and social moves that you've unlocked in your offline game. So if you're just dying to get your hands on the mutant plant, trade your tesla coil for it. Or if you've done the "pull finger" social to death, swap it for "moonwalk." While online, you can also build skills and get hints and tips from other The Sims Bustin' Out players. You might even be able to snag a few extra simoleans from generous hosts.

The PlayStation 2's online mode is exclusive to the console.
When you first go online in The Sims Bustin' Out, you'll enter a lobby where a matchmaker screen displays the astrological signs, genders, and personalities of other sims so that you can decide which new friend you want to meet and play with. You'll probably want to choose someone who has advanced through several levels of his or her chosen career, so you can get the best objects and social moves from that player. You can also chat using the key board or through a headset, which is a great way to get tips on the game. All in all, online weekends are a great way to get new stuff, make new friends, and give your sim a much-needed break from the daily grind!

source

Last edited by lordnikon on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:45 am; edited 3 times in total
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:58 am
quote : #2
my gf's already asking for this damn game. she dosnt ever by me games cause she "refuses to support my video game addiction". but than as soon as she wants one im supposed to jump?!!? what about her shoe addiction?!?!? HUH?!?! im done with girlfriends!!! im just gonna bang hookers!! yeah ill probably get herpies, but atleast they wont ask for presents!!!

wait a minute... this isnt the physiatrists office.....

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:01 am
quote : #3
LOL dude you better make sure she has her own PS2, or she will be hogging yours. You know what, you should tell her to sell all her old shoes to pay for the game.
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:00 pm
quote : #4
With features like this I'll end up getting the PS2 version instead of the GCN one, sounds fun.

DragonSlayer3288
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:51 am
quote : #5
does sims bustin out have a monthly fee?
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:15 pm
quote : #6
DragonSlayer3288 wrote:
does sims bustin out have a monthly fee?

Nope, no fees.
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:49 am
quote : #7
well my gf went and got it on her own. so if any one wants to do that whole "online weekend" thing im sure she can give me a crash course or i can coax her into playing with one of yall.
also, this ps2 not supporting the dialup is insane. why is broadband nessisary for SIMS!?!?! with the rumors of xbox live going free in the next couple of months they better get there asses in gear to attract some people who dont thave BB.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:25 pm
quote : #8
Hey masterchief. Check out Trivial Pursuits for PS2. BROADBAND only. For a freaking board game. LOL. That's just lazyness.

I don't understand why devs. are so lazy that they don't even include Dial-up. Maybe Sony is moving up to an XBox Live-style stragety......

One way you can play BB only games with 56k is to obtain a crossover cable, hook it up to your PS2 Network Adapter and PC's Network card. Then run the Internet Connection Sharing wizard. I hope to try this out soon.

-TheMytho

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:36 pm
quote : #9
ill probably pick it up if the price is right. im still looking for a cheap copy of risk, i rock at that game,

hey mytho, glad to see ya back.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:27 am
quote : #10
just wanted to add busting out on ps2 is dial up compatible i cant wait to get it my self.. lol whenver i can scrape the money up .
Posted:
Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:56 pm
quote : #11
I still cant get wut is so cool about the whole sims thing. Iv played PC and PS2 versions and the both r soooooooo boring.Wuts so cool about watching other people eat or take a crap nothing it sucks and i think this 1 will be no better.Multiplayer might help tho but is gona have to be sum multiplayer to make this worth buying.
Posted:
Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:24 pm
quote : #12
SolidSnake wrote:
I still cant get wut is so cool about the whole sims thing. Iv played PC and PS2 versions and the both r soooooooo boring.Wuts so cool about watching other people eat or take a crap nothing it sucks and i think this 1 will be no better.Multiplayer might help tho but is gona have to be sum multiplayer to make this worth buying.

HAHAHHA eat or take a crap. Exactly. I never really understood the sims that much either. I guess its justa game that is not within my realm of understanding. I could never play it.
banned!
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:07 pm
quote : #13
Yeah ill play it but not rent it or buy it lol its more like a borrow type of game
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:46 am
quote : #14
It is a strange game... I'll admit that at first I didn't understand how it could be fun, either. A roommate got a copy for PC about four years ago, and I was not impressed. Of course, the first time I looked up and saw that I'd just played it for five hours straight, I realized that they were onto something here.

It's got that "collecting" thing going for it. You want to keep improving your Sims, getting them better stuff, more skills, better jobs, more friends, etc. Of course, you're always wondering why you aren't spending all this time improving yourself instead...

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:52 am
quote : #15
Yah i just got the first sims actually like a week ago for ps2 its a greatest hits now so its 20 bux... plus if its a greatest hit... its sold alot of games... so it must be good.. plus it got a 9 in playstation magazine (official one) so i got it popped it in and yah i had playd it a couple times on a pc but i coudlnt hardly remmber anything about it... only thing is a remember liking to play it but anyway i get started ... and to tell the truth after the first night i was kinda like man im a put this on ebay and get my money back ... but then i got hoooked really hooked just like the last person wrote its a thing bout improving ur sim... collecting items... making a large mansion that started from a 2 room shack with nuthing in it to a mansion with plasma screen tv.'s pools... etc... its fun and it actually does make u think dang why aint i doing this shyt for myself lol but yo its fun and im hoooked after i get realy down with it ill go pick up bustin out ( hopefully it'll be less than tha 45 they want now for it lol)