1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 26, 2006 8:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I updated the Online Game Lists with "termination" catagories at the very base of the online game list. You can find it right below the sports games. I am no longer as reactionary as I was in the past over these shutdowns. We have been through this many times already, and when it comes to EA games, it is inevitable. I am actually glad the titles are going offline to get them off the list. Also I am glad EA is posting the information. It saves me many hours of searching and research to determine if games are still online.

It is interesting though how NFSU2 doesn't seem to be going offline for the PS2 ...yet anyway. Maybe that game is still really active? The xbox and pc versions are headed offline in August.

MOH Rising Sun is still online, but that game has tons of people on so who knows when EA will ever shut that game down. It has been the only available online MOH for consoles ever.

You can read more here: http://www.ea.com/information.jsp

August 1, 2006 Online Service Shutdown
---
FIFA Soccer 2005 for PS2
EA SPORTS™ Fight Night Round 2 for PS2
NCAA® March Madness™ 2005 for PS2
NBA LIVE 05 for PS2
NBA STREET V3 for PS2
NCAA® Football 2005 for PS2
NHL® 2005 for PS2
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 2005 for PS2
Total Club Manager 06 for PS2
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE™ 2004-2005 for PS2

October 1, 2006 Online Service Shutdown
---
Madden NFL 2005 for PS2
NFL Street 2: Unleashed for PS2

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 24
Posted:
Fri May 26, 2006 8:52 pm
quote : #2
Just as a sidenote, the only stateside games off this list that do not have newer successors available are NBA Street V3 and NFL Street 2, so these are the only franchises that are actually losing online play in the course of time.

Also, for those who didn't recognize it right away, Total Club Manager 06 (renamed to FIFA Manager 06) and UEFA Champions League 2004-2005 are PAL titles.
Posted:
Fri May 26, 2006 9:00 pm
quote : #3
Yea I have the titles reflected on both the North American and PAL lists. I still need to add Total Manager to the PAL list, as it wasn't even listed in the first place. I wasn't aware of the title until now.
rank 27
Posted:
Sun May 28, 2006 11:12 am
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
NBA STREET V3 for PS2

gooooood riddens that game did you so wrong online
Posted:
Sun May 28, 2006 3:12 pm
quote : #5
Volume 3 has barely been out for more then a year xD

Volume 3 had major problems, though IMHO. The game had horrible lag, balancing issues, and was way too buggy.
Posted:
Sun May 28, 2006 3:17 pm
quote : #6
Yea, when there are games that were developed really sloppy, I am sometimes glad to see them get off the online list.

It seems that the only sports games that will still be playable online down the road, are the gamespy games. Probobly the midway titles.

Also, I thought Nascar 2005: Chase for the Cup would have gone offline, but I guess there must be people online using it still regularly.
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:26 am
quote : #7
V3 was on of the biggest disappointments for me. Vol. 2 is the best basketball game ever, and V3 was just crap. I'm surprised MVP Baseball 05 isn't on that list.

edit-nevermind, it's already offline. figures
Posted:
Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:27 pm
quote : #8
Looks like MOH Rising Sun is now down
Can someone confirm?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:28 pm
quote : #9
rgarrette wrote:
Looks like MOH Rising Sun is now down
Can someone confirm?

woe......... that would be bad. I will look into it.

EDIT: I checked eagames.com, and the moh rising sun official website. EA has been making it a good habbit to inform people when their online titles are going offline. Also, MOH Rising Sun is still very popular online, and it is the ONLY online console MOH title available to date.

I personally have signed online before only to be met with a master list error. My guess is, that the master list will be back up shortly. I don't think MOH Rising Sun has been taken offline.
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:36 pm
quote : #10
MOH online is my life!

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:13 pm
quote : #11
I made a post over at the EA MOH forums, and will continue to look into the problem. EA may have disabled the game's services, since it was the oldest running EA online title to date. However, the game did still have people playing and was the only online console MOH game available. So it would seem very strange if they terminated the title now.
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:34 pm
quote : #12
Any further info?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:17 pm
quote : #13
Ok everyone. Here is the current situation. EA is currently looking into the problem. I had originally contacted customer support, and they informed me that the game had been "retired". However the MOH Rising Sun community at large has been making a lot of noise over this. Especially at the EA MOH forums.

Community MOH moderator BlackhatAA is currently looking into the problem and is speaking to people at EA.

What I am trying to determine is whether this was a technical problem, or the game had indeed been terminated.

I will report back as soon as I have word. Also I will be looking into and working to get MOH working via alternative methods if and when EA kills the game for good. I have already discovered that the game gives you the option of starting a LAN session if it cannot reach the master list. However I have not actually tested a connection with another user via this. So I have no verification of it's functionality yet.

Stay tuned, I will report back if the online functionalities for MOH Rising Sun have been fixed by EA.
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:25 pm
quote : #14
Is the server shut down? No one is responding to this question. We have a rig...

Discussion Thread
Customer 08/13/2006 12:17 PM
Thanks for shutting down a very popular online game environment. I will be sure to check for EA on any game before i decide to make a purchase, and not buy it. I bought this game for online use and it is now worthless. I am very disappointed with your one-sided decision to do this. I would have been happy to pay a subscription fee as would the others who enjoyed this game. Since EA did not even elect to provide an alternative, it demonstrates that there is no consideration or compassion for your customers. One very dissapointed EA customer.

Response (Leonard B.) 08/13/2006 12:54 AM
Hi,

Thanks for writing us at EA Technical Support. I understand that you are currently having connectivity issues with Medal fo Honor: Rising Sun. I apologize for your situation, and the inconvenience that this causes you. Unfortunately the game has been retired from online play.

We appreciate your enthusiasm for our products. We understand when we retire an online service there will be players that are disappointed. As the 2006 titles have been out for almost a year, and the 2007 titles are just around the corner, we must dedicate our resources to the upcoming titles so that we can continue to offer the best online gaming experience available. Thank you again, and we hope you continue to enjoy the online offerings in the 2006 and soon to be released 2007 EA Sports titles.

For a list of our other online titles go to http://eastore.ea.com and search for EA Sports Online for your platform. EA Sports Online games are played via the Internet, allowing you to play with thousands of other sports fans. An internet connection is required to play online. For certain platforms Electronic Arts charges a small fee for it's service separate from your Internet Service Provider access charges. You may provide a valid credit card to register and play. The first month of this fee is included in the purchase price of an EASO game. After your first month, your credit card will be billed. For the current monthly rates and other details, see http://www.easportsonline.com

I hope this helps and that you will continue to enjoy the game offline. If you have any other questions feel free to reply to this e-mail, and I will be very glad to help you out to the best of my ability.

Should you require further assistance with this game or other Electronic Arts games in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase at http://support.ea.com/

Thank you,

Leonard B.
EA Technical Support

Customer 08/12/2006 08:21 AM
Is the server shut down? No one is responding to this question. We have a right to know as customers. Please notify me.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:34 pm
quote : #15
rgarrette wrote:
We appreciate your enthusiasm for our products. We understand when we retire an online service there will be players that are disappointed. As the 2006 titles have been out for almost a year, and the 2007 titles are just around the corner, we must dedicate our resources to the upcoming titles so that we can continue to offer the best online gaming experience available. Thank you again, and we hope you continue to enjoy the online offerings in the 2006 and soon to be released 2007 EA Sports titles.

Yea its shut down they pretty much say it in that paragraph ,no other meaning I know of for retire.