profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Is it THAT horrible? Surprised
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:08 am
quote : #2
Yes because not only does it cover up more of the cover art with its curved titled, but it also is on the spine, and even worse... on the disc.
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:11 am
quote : #3
Have you seen the GH cover for Shadow of the Colossus? In a word, horrible. The label takes away so much from that cover artwork, it's not even remotely funny. At least the GH label for PS1 games looked better, and it wasn't on the disc...
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:03 pm
quote : #4
I detest the GH cover. It just clashes with so many games' artwork. Black is neutral; red, not so much. Although Player's Choice yellow is worse, and Platinum Hits is the most ridiculous (they even change the case color for that and shrink the overall size of the artwork........)

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:58 pm
quote : #5
Yea plus the black really goes well with certain titles, such as Shadow of the Colossus or Killzone. Fugly...

Didn't you manage to get Killzone non-GH's lanzarlaluna?
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:04 pm
quote : #6
Yes, I did. I bought it few weeks after it went GH even. There was a $10 deal at overstock.com one day, and I said what the hell. Turns out it was non-GH. In recent weeks, I've also found Jak II, Jak 3, and Sly Cooper 1 sealed with original label. Smile The Jak II was a miracle, because that thing has been GH for a long ass time. There's a Kmart here with two copies of Shadow of the Colossus non GH. I really want to snag one, but money is tight right now. Sad

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:11 pm
quote : #7
lanzarlaluna wrote:
Yes, I did. I bought it few weeks after it went GH even. There was a $10 deal at overstock.com one day, and I said what the hell. Turns out it was non-GH. In recent weeks, I've also found Jak II, Jak 3, and Sly Cooper 1 sealed with original label. Smile The Jak II was a miracle, because that thing has been GH for a long ass time. There's a Kmart here with two copies of Shadow of the Colossus non GH. I really want to snag one, but money is tight right now. Sad

Lucky score with Jak II - there are some games that I've been meaning to get for so long, but all I find are GH-labeled ones and I quickly get discouraged (partly why I don't own all the Jak games, for example). Sad I may be forced to jump on used copies that I can check in-store just to make sure.