Page Location: Home > Archive > Monster Hunter (Archive) > Topic
OmegaChrono
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:41 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
MH just came in the mail, first thing I did was pop it in the PS2. I played offline for awhile, and then when I felt I handled the Great Sword well enough, I decided to go online. Someone in red area helped me out for bit, we took down some dragons and got a little money and used it to make some armor (though I still need more to make a whole velociprey set).
Well anyway, I found it kinda difficult to communicate, it looks like I'll need to buy a usb keyboard. If anyone is up to play just let me know or IM me on jabber. I'll usually be up to play, plus it'll make it easier to communicate on jabber.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:02 pm
quote : #2
Congrats on getting the game Very Happy What was the first wyrven you took down online with someone?
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:09 am
quote : #3
First wyvren was the yian kut-ku, it was kinda kool all of us teaming up to beat him. Ohh and I bought the logitech keyboard today, so now it'll be easier to communicate, just let me know when you wanna play and I'll try to get on. My in-game name is OmegaChrono I'm HR3 so far, any help or advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:17 am
quote : #4
Cool, glad to see that you got it and are having fun with it. I just got done with school and finals, so I'm going to start playing a bit more again. I kind of fell off of the face of the Earth there for a while. Maybe I'll see you on there sometime. Have fun with it; it's a good game.

U-235
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:24 pm
quote : #5
I just got this one myself, and I've got the ICS set up to use it. I took it online but I played solo. I don't want to piss anyone off by lagging. Only problem for me is my VGA converter really sucks. Confused
Posted:
Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:00 pm
quote : #6
U-235 wrote:
I just got this one myself, and I've got the ICS set up to use it. I took it online but I played solo. I don't want to piss anyone off by lagging. Only problem for me is my VGA converter really sucks. Confused

I hear all those vga adapters for the ps2 suck really. But I want to get this to.....how big the community?
Posted:
Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:17 pm
quote : #7
Gforce wrote:
But I want to get this to.....how big the community?

The community is huge. During peak times there are about 500-650 people playing online. It has been like this for a long time now, and hasn't faltered at all. This game is really popular, and you can go into public games and play with people. It has a pretty great atmopshere. There are the occasional jerks.... as is the nature of online games... but there are a lot of cool players on here that are willing to help you out and take you on higher level quests fore carves.
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:41 am
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
Gforce wrote:
But I want to get this to.....how big the community?

The community is huge. During peak times there are about 500-650 people playing online. It has been like this for a long time now, and hasn't faltered at all. This game is really popular, and you can go into public games and play with people. It has a pretty great atmopshere. There are the occasional jerks.... as is the nature of online games... but there are a lot of cool players on here that are willing to help you out and take you on higher level quests fore carves.
Shocked <------My eyes got bigger than that even. I'm gonna dip out to eb games asap for this
Posted:
Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:26 pm
quote : #9
Hehe my brother said Red Area capped out earlier today at 750 which is each area's limit. So there was a massive amount of people on today.
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:05 pm
quote : #10
I GOT IT TOO! Very Happy And getting it home sure wasn't easy with the battery in my car dyin and what not.....but whatever I GOT IT! Cant wai to play it

Posted thu10 Octpm0630,2004:

Man! I'm reallll sorry but shoot something irks me about this game to . The players online are nice and very helpful but I just cant get into this that much as I dont feel like I ever really get stronger but my weapons do(instead of the reverse) and I just can't beat the feeling like this game just reallllllly wasnt made for offline gaming(when PSO's was still pretty fun solo) and I cant stand trying to do a mission and have to worry a giant dragon flying overhead and messing me up.
Posted:
Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:27 pm
quote : #11
the red sever on MH was maxed out Saturday night w/ 750 again, almost a hundred on the green, and 75 on blue.

nice to see this awsome title still going to strong so long after release. if you don't have it, pick it up.

hit me up as treey2005. I'm up for any quests.