Topic: Target Lock Function

Page 1 of 1
U-235
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:51 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well I have been playing tribes offline getting the feel for it. My connection this weekend has been screwed up because of storms. For some reason after it storms I have to wait about 12 hours to use my dialup connection again. :/ I like the target lock on function, and I'm hoping that it is useable online too. Mr. Green Is it set up by the person hosting the game?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:33 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Start practicing without Target Lock, it is not used online. You can turn it on when hosting a server, but it is not used generally. Real skill = not using the target lock.
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:13 pm
quote : #3
lol. well I don't have any real skill yet then. I just got through playing a game with grimgravy with target lock on.

edit:
Well grimgravy just told me that when you have the expert controls on you can't use target lock anyway. So when I get that done I won't be able to use it. Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:48 pm
quote : #4
Yea I sometimes see servers up with Target lock, but I think that is just because they forgot to turn it off.
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:10 am
quote : #5
I always leave target lock on.... i'm not very fast, and suck at aiming, if I don't I get killed before I can even find my attacker.... though I am getting better Laughing
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:19 am
quote : #6
Yea if you are struggling the target lock function can really help. Tribes is a really hard game to get used to because your shots carry over such a long distance. Shooting someone with the spinfusor across the map, without target lock involves leading your shot ahead of a moving target. It took me a good 3 weeks of playing Tribes before I got good at racking up kills.
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:06 pm
quote : #7
Yeah, I am getting pretty deadly with zooming in with the spinfuser, but I can't really kill much but the dumb bots and the turrets etc.