lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:50 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This was brought up in another forum area, so I figured i would make a new topic here and link it there.

Here I will be listing some of the differences between star wars battlefront 1 and 2. I am not listing game feature additions, but mainly things that were changed when the sequel was released:

---

1.) In SWBF the framerate is a more consistant. The developers pushed the maps geometry too much in the sequel, resulting in a slightly slowey framerate.

2.) In SWBF you can get into a prone position (on the ground crawling). This was removed entirely in the SWBF2 release.

3.) The bots in SWBF will stand still when they are in "stupid mode". In SWBF2 they have a tendency start spinning around in place rather than standing still. This makes the A.I. look really broken. The A.I. doesn't know where to go, and instead starts trying to aim in all directions until it finds a target, but doesn't move anywhere. In the original SWBF this doesn't happen, and the bots will stand still while waiting to acquire a target. I'd rather have an easy to shoot at target rather than a retarded spinning drone.

4.) There is a weird chain gun in swbf2 that shoots actual bullets rather than laser ammo. This does not fit the star wars universe and looks out of place.

5.) SWBF2's fonts are too small in menu options and stat listings.

6.) The crosshairs in the original are better because they have smaller sized custom crosshairs for each weapon, where as swbf2 has this big huge universal crosshair for everything in the game.

7.) The Mos Eisly map drastically changed in SWBF2. The framerate is worse, there is more lightbloom, and they moved around some map geometry. Bad move. The Mos Eisly map in the original SWBF is much better.

---

This list does not include new features that were added in SWBF2. Obviously the game does have a lot of new maps and different things. So if you are a Star Wars fan, both of these games are worth picking up. However if you are planning on buying just one to start out. I recommend buying the original SWBF. It is a more well polished and well rounded experience.

Last edited by lordnikon on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:10 pm
quote : #2
i was planing on buying 1 of this games, but i wasn´t sure.
u know once the sequel come out everyone moves to that game.
and swbf1 is alot more cheaper than swbf2 Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:35 pm
quote : #3
Both These Games Are Really Great. I Have Both Of The Two And I Am Completely Satisfied With Both Of Them I Highly Recommend Them! Very Happy

BigDonV
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:11 am
quote : #4
You forgot to mention that SWBF1 feels more EPIC. Very Happy

I personally think that the run feature in SWBF2 should have been a JEDI only skill. Not for all players. The maps could feel bigger if everyone had to run at the same speed and had a greater distance to cover. Unfortunately the gameplay (running) is a bit slower than SWBF2 which is why you have fans of both for the speed of the game.

I prefer the original.

Either way, its Star Wars runNgun and its fun.