Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am having a hardtime understanding how players are able to get headshots so quickly in MGS3. I know they are moving into FPS mode, but I try it over and over again and it always screws up. One of 2 different things happen.

1.) I switch to FPS mode and the gun is pointing off in some crazy direction. There is no way I am able to adjust in time. It is usually pointing half a screen or more in the wrong spot. Since there are no crosshairs in the game to know where you will be looking when you go into FPS mode, how can you do this and still be aiming your gun at the person?

2.) Often times when using the AK-47 the gun fires so erratically I can't get a clean headshot in.

Is there something I am missing?
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:04 am
quote : #2
Most people run and as soon as they get near somone they switch to first person mode....aslo campers are a plenty in this game (it can get pretty cheap sometimes) Sad

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:43 am
quote : #3
The camping aspect is part of the MGO gameplay. It is impossible to fault people for it, since your suposed to hide in the grass, in a box, or under a truck. This isn't Quake or Unreal where you should be running around going head to head with your enemies.
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:03 pm
quote : #4
Headshots are tough online. I try to position myself faced a certain way, crouch down if possible and then go into first-person view for the best chance at aiming quickly. I've seen it done while running and gunning, though...I managed to do it once, too, by chance, but I still don't get how they do it.
Posted:
Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:04 am
quote : #5
Most players use Camera Orientation. Go to options, and look for Player Orientation then change it to Camera Orientation. You can get good headshots with PO, but CO allows you to aim faster. You might also want to try dotting your screen where you see the bullets go.
Posted:
Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:50 pm
quote : #6
I will have to double check, but I think I do have camera orientation setup.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:49 am
quote : #7
i know how u feel about the head shots, ive tried every thing i canto do a clean head shot but no luck then some one comes in sees u then BANG ur dead with a head shot how do these people do it. How does the target lock thing work when u press L1, i cant work it out...

cthulhu15
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:56 pm
quote : #8
What I have always done is to run around like normal (with camera orientation) and you use L1 to lock onto an enemy (so u can move and shoot etc.) and it will usually lock onto the persons chest or main body portion. Then, keeping L1 held down, I press R1 to go into first person view with the rifle shouldered, aim quickly and BAM headshot. It takes some practice but if u lock on to them before you go into first person view it will automatically lock the gun to their chest and makes aiming a lot easier. Hope that helps, and good luck! Very Happy
Posted:
Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:53 am
quote : #9
ok cheers ill give that a try cuz i was on it last night and someone (mentioning no names) headshotted me about 20 times like as soon as he show me, my thoat hurts cuz of all the shouting at the tv screen i did lol......... but yeah ill try that and thanks again.

Posted Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:30 pm:

lordnikon says:

The camping aspect is part of the MGO gameplay. It is impossible to fault people for it, since your suposed to hide in the grass, in a box, or under a truck.

I totally agree with u lordnikon, i camp myself wait for abit move to another position then camp again, its part of the game play in away its what u r supposed to do.