Topic: Lao gets away

Page 1 of 1
Treey
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was helping someone with their first Lao Shun the other night, and only having played him twice before I was/am by no means an expert on the subject. We spent some time messing around, jumping on Lao's back to get some carves(the animiations while on his back are nice, i wish I had my vid capture going), and both of the guys I was with had never faced him before and were using mediocer level great swords instead of Lances. I thought even though we were not doing too much damage through the first three sections, between the Balista and the Dragonator it would be no problem - BUT the guy whos Urgent quest it was hit the dragonator too soon! and missed completly. I thought, 'oh great, what a waste of fucking time', BUT, we still won the quest because we had done enough damage to "drive the great dragon off", and at least got the reward materials for our effort. Wish we had gotten carves, I REALLY need lao claw. oh well.

~treey

Lunar Eclipse
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:34 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
It really takes at least three people with good lances hitting Lao almost constantly to take him down before he gets to the Dragonator. Clusters of Large Barrel Bombs are great for the start of each screen too. Using anything except Lances and Bowguns for Lao is kind of worthless, so yeah, fending him off is a decent deal there.

I really like fighting Lao but he does take way too freaking long.