Topic: Best PS2 racer

Page 1 of 1
Phredreeke
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:28 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey, there's plenty of "best racer" and similar topics on the DC site, but I haven't found any here. So, what's the best racers for PS2? Please motivate your answers so this doesn't turn into a list thread. Mentioning online, LAN and splitscreen support would be nice too.

I haven't played many PS2 racers, but I love Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast. It doesn't have any splitscreen support, but you can play it online or over LAN (I've done neither unfortunately). You can either choose to race your rivals, or to play "Heart Attack" and impress your girlfriend by doing tricks. When you reach the end of a stage you get to choose either the left or right path. You do this for the first four stages and there's totally 16 different paths you can take, with 5 different goals. You can unlock playing all 15 levels of the game in a row. You can also choose between two sets of stages.

It plays a lot like Daytona USA, so if you like that game, you will most likely enjoy Outrun 2006. Personally, I'd say Outrun 2006 is the most fun racer I've ever played (a position previously held by San Fransisco Rush 2049)

carl250481
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:19 am
quote : #2
Well my fav racer as to be the burnout series, like the burnout revenge ( the last one in the series ) its fast, exciting and love the slow mo bits when u smash revals.
But for more serious racing i like the toca series with the reality of crashes and rules u have obey and in toca 2 it was a great story line.
JKKDARK
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:45 pm
quote : #3
Indeed, Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast is one of the best games that I have played on the PlayStation 2. Excellent graphics.