Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:50 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
So I saw a thread from a while back about this game and even though its not that old and the reviews are not that bad it only cost me 4.99 GBP today in game Very Happy I havent played it yet, did anyone get it? whats your opinion? Looks like fun to me and my cuppa tea if the reviews are anything to go by. Not too involved gameplay that I can get into after a few drinks on a weekend evening Smile

Ohh BTW I got the game for 4.49 GBP after trading in Jet ion gp for my personal lowest ever trade in price of 50p (thats half a GBP for you americans $1 in USA today) Traded it still in the shrink wrap after having read the reviews Neutral

Laters

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:23 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea Total Overdose is supposed to be a pretty cheesy game with some decent action. Definatly a game to get into after a few drinks.

Eh trading games isa mistake in my opinion. I bet if someone offered you Jet Ion GP again for $1.00 sealed, you would buy it off of them. You were better off opening the game and playing it. Reviews are deceptive, don't trust them whole-heartedly.

That Jet Ion GP game wasn't released in the US, but it was brought over to Japan. I will have to track it down since I collect futuristic racing games.
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:07 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
Yea Total Overdose is supposed to be a pretty cheesy game with some decent action. Definatly a game to get into after a few drinks.

Eh trading games isa mistake in my opinion. I bet if someone offered you Jet Ion GP again for $1.00 sealed, you would buy it off of them. You were better off opening the game and playing it. Reviews are deceptive, don't trust them whole-heartedly.

That Jet Ion GP game wasn't released in the US, but it was brought over to Japan. I will have to track it down since I collect futuristic racing games.

Yeh normaly I wouldent listen to a review whole heartedly but as this game scored so low at so many reviews I did take them seriously into account. I was intending to play the game however today the urge took upon me to buy a new game and I couldent resist seeing if the trade in value was more than I bought the game for as I have accomplished this before. Before I have bought games in clearence or sale at one shop and traded them for the same or slightly more at another shop after having played them for a few weeks.

I can get you Jet Ion GP if you like? there are about 10 sat on a shelf at the Comet store near me at 1.99 GPB about $3.70. If you are interested you can PM me and we can arrange payment via Paypal. I can easily take a ps2 game to the postoffice in bubble wrap and get a price for postage to the USA as well Smile

Laters

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:09 pm
quote : #4
I would take you up on that offer, however I can't run PAL PS2 games. Nor will I ever be able to since I won't mod one of my systems. I can play Japanese games since I now own 3 Japanese Playstation 2's.

P.S. - If you are looking for a good futuristic racer, and do not own a gamecube, track down Extreme G3 and XGRA. However if you own cube, get those games on that system.
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:57 am
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
I would take you up on that offer, however I can't run PAL PS2 games. Nor will I ever be able to since I won't mod one of my systems. I can play Japanese games since I now own 3 Japanese Playstation 2's.

P.S. - If you are looking for a good futuristic racer, and do not own a gamecube, track down Extreme G3 and XGRA. However if you own cube, get those games on that system.

Maybe you should get a Pal PS2 as well in case there are any Pal exclusive games? I dont know if there are any Pal exclusive PS2 games I know there were Pal exclusive DC games Thats all.

Back on topic Very Happy had a quick blast on Total overdose last night it was good fun it is quite a quirky game Smile Would have been more fun if its not for the fact that I am pants at games Sad mainly due my preffered platforms being very arcade easy to play or simple racing or online DC. I am so outa practice with up to date games of this type I am all fingers and thums on the control Embarassed Getting hacked to death by a guy with a rake whilst trying to find buttons err Laughing I am gonna persist though as I do like the game so maybe in a few weeks I will be on level 3 Smile possibly Laughing

First impressions, graphics good but a bit blocky playstation 1 like on the cut scenes. Nice music in line with the games theme, quirky gameplay bit like matrix meets GTA and Arnie. Good controls found it fairly easy to move about for a useless player.

Laters

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:47 am
quote : #6
Blast wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

Maybe you should get a Pal PS2 as well in case there are any Pal exclusive games? I dont know if there are any Pal exclusive PS2 games I know there were Pal exclusive DC games Thats all.

Back on topic Very Happy had a quick blast on Total overdose last night it was good fun it is quite a quirky game Smile Would have been more fun if its not for the fact that I am pants at games Sad mainly due my preffered platforms being very arcade easy to play or simple racing or online DC. I am so outa practice with up to date games of this type I am all fingers and thums on the control Embarassed Getting hacked to death by a guy with a rake whilst trying to find buttons err Laughing I am gonna persist though as I do like the game so maybe in a few weeks I will be on level 3 Smile possibly Laughing

First impressions, graphics good but a bit blocky playstation 1 like on the cut scenes. Nice music in line with the games theme, quirky gameplay bit like matrix meets GTA and Arnie. Good controls found it fairly easy to move about for a useless player.

Laters

Seriously? Damn.....that game looked SO corny
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:54 am
quote : #7
i also found this game on the cheap a number of months ago. having played it through i can provide an educated opinion.

i mainly enjoyed the general atmosphere of the game. they got the over the top robert rodriguez style down packed. the clever sense of humor, crazy powerups (one of which a mexican wrestler comes out to whip all your enemies for a limited time), and a very well implemented bullet time mechanic all blend very well together.

the reviews ive read had a problem with the driving element. it is true that the controls are a little stiff and the physics make no sense sometimes, it becomes highly enjoyable once you get acquainted. any game that lets me whack a guy with an open car door is ok with me.

unfortunately, its quite short. i finished it in under a week playing for maybe 2 hours a day.

this game is VERY under rated. grab it if you can find it cheap. watch the opening cinematic, youll be hooked.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:23 pm
quote : #8
MasterChief wrote:
i also found this game on the cheap a number of months ago. having played it through i can provide an educated opinion.

i mainly enjoyed the general atmosphere of the game. they got the over the top robert rodriguez style down packed. the clever sense of humor, crazy powerups (one of which a mexican wrestler comes out to whip all your enemies for a limited time), and a very well implemented bullet time mechanic all blend very well together.

the reviews ive read had a problem with the driving element. it is true that the controls are a little stiff and the physics make no sense sometimes, it becomes highly enjoyable once you get acquainted. any game that lets me whack a guy with an open car door is ok with me.

unfortunately, its quite short. i finished it in under a week playing for maybe 2 hours a day.

this game is VERY under rated. grab it if you can find it cheap. watch the opening cinematic, youll be hooked.

I agree Smile am getting quite hooked on this now Smile Good thing is I am still shite so should last me a fair bit longer than a week Very Happy

I dont have an issue withe the driving at all from the vehicals I have driven. Its a bit basic reminds me of Driver on the PS1 kind of control but you dont need anymore control than that in this style of game.

Laters