Topic: Best/Worst Star Wars

Page 1 of 1
Treey
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:34 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Am I going crazy? I can't think of a GOOD star wars game that came out on ps1. The only one that comes to mind is the hopelessly broken Star Wars: Demolition. Have I utterly lost it? Help me out here

~Treey

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:04 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
The best star wars game on the PS1 is probobly Rebel Assault II.

Here is the total list of Star Wars games on the PS1:
Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Demolition
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi (fighting game... avoid... avoid... )
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II

I remember enjoying Phantom Menace a bit when it first came out, but I went back to this game a few years ago and all of its problems suddenly revealed themselves in the utmost clarity.

You would think Dark Forces would be good since the PC counterpart is amazing, but Dark Forces suffers from a choppy framerate on the Playstation.

Almost all of these titles are mediocre at best, with "Masters of Teras Kasi" being the worst one. The Playstation doesn't seem to be a great system for Star Wars games.
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:03 pm
quote : #3
I Rented Masters of Teras Kasi from Blockbusters when it came out. I had read the previews and early reviews which were not very favourable but I have to admit I quite enjoyed it, am I odd then? At the time we were playing games like Teken and Soul blade which were the Mecca of PS1 fighting games at the time yet me and my mate still managed to quite hapily enjoy playing a few hours of Masters of Teras Kasi for a couple of evenings. I didnt buy the game so I guess I wasent awe struck but none the less I do remember it.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:55 pm
quote : #4
I completly forgot that I have TPM. It was an OK platformer, really easy though. I'll have to pick up Masters of Teras Kasi