Topic: 187 ride or die

Page 1 of 1
chicagodave
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:58 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
this game looks interesting, 4 player online combat, im trying to get more info but its scarce.

http://www.187game.com/us/
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:01 pm
quote : #2
it look different and interesting
Posted:
Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:01 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I still do not understand what this game is about.

Is it a vehicular combat game? with free roaming?

or

Is it a racing game where you are trying to "take down" other racers. Like a ghetto version of road rash....cept in low riders.
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:24 pm
quote : #4
its a vehicular combat game similiar to twisted i would guess.
Posted:
Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:05 am
quote : #5
It may mean nothing but this game is no longer on the online game list at either the US or UK Ubi site. When I couldent find XIII on the UK site it turned out it was listed on the .com site. If anyone has either version could they give it a test? The Pal version has taken a 50% drop in price so now features in my interesting list. Doubt there is anyone online but having said that there were 0 players listed on any of the Ubi online titles it kinda makes you wonder why they bother. I remember looking late at night years ago and Speed devils online (DC) was Ubi's 2nd most popular game with a whole 2 people online, narowly pipped by some PC game with 4.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:56 am
quote : #6
Do not buy this game. Please save your money. You should not be buying this game ever. I will buy this game for $1.00 down the road, and if the game has a question mark for its termination date, so be it.

There are a small handfull of games for PS2 online that you should never buy. This is one of them.

The game is broken, ugly, and is a cash-in game trying to capitalize on "gangsta" themes around the time when GTA San Andreas came out. "187 Ride or Die" and "And 1 Streetball" are probobly the worst Playstation 2 online games period. Never buy them.
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:32 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
Do not buy this game. Please save your money. You should not be buying this game ever. I will buy this game for $1.00 down the road, and if the game has a question mark for its termination date, so be it.

There are a small handfull of games for PS2 online that you should never buy. This is one of them.

The game is broken, ugly, and is a cash-in game trying to capitalize on "gangsta" themes around the time when GTA San Andreas came out. "187 Ride or Die" and "And 1 Streetball" are probobly the worst Playstation 2 online games period. Never buy them.

Ok I already new the game wasent in your favorites list. Have you played it or seen it running? I checked out some reviews official and player and none of them were that bad. Seems to score an average of around 6/10 from online review sites and anywhere from 3 to 8 out of 10 from readers. I would have bought it yesterday had it not been for your prior warning so I am heeding your advice its just that now the price has dropped to 4.99 GBP, its a price I find hard to resist.

And 1 Streetball would not appeal to me, I might buy it if I saw it under 3.00 GBP out of sheer curiosity.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:48 pm
quote : #8
I have not seen 187 running or played it, but I have done enough research to learn that the game is an uninspired cash-in "gangsta themed" game which plays on social stereotypes and has horrible ebonics lingo in it. The game is just a big huge cliche of american pop culture, and should be avoided. You should go for a more original experience like Twisted Metal Black Online, Burnout 3, or Burnout Revenge.

Blast, the thing is there are 100 other online games better than these. So these should only be considered eons from now if they were still online and you had nothing else to purchase. Seriously man... Save your money for the best that the PS2 has to offer for online.

You still don't own TimeSplitters Future Perfect... Which has LAN, Splitscreen online, splitscreen co-op offline, a map maker where you can upload and download created maps online... you get to shoot steer corpses with nerve gas and watch them explode, and take out zombie eyeless monkeys with a double barrel shotgun.

187 Ride or Ride should be the FURTHEST game from your mind right now. If you ever want to buy it don't spend more than 2.00 GBP on it dude.

There are just so many other options. You could even get FireWarrior, which Grubensau and mcmonkey both own:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/groupcp.php?g=528
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:17 am
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
I have not seen 187 running or played it, but I have done enough research to learn that the game is an uninspired cash-in "gangsta themed" game which plays on social stereotypes and has horrible ebonics lingo in it. The game is just a big huge cliche of american pop culture, and should be avoided. You should go for a more original experience like Twisted Metal Black Online, Burnout 3, or Burnout Revenge.

Blast, the thing is there are 100 other online games better than these. So these should only be considered eons from now if they were still online and you had nothing else to purchase. Seriously man... Save your money for the best that the PS2 has to offer for online.

You still don't own TimeSplitters Future Perfect... Which has LAN, Splitscreen online, splitscreen co-op offline, a map maker where you can upload and download created maps online... you get to shoot steer corpses with nerve gas and watch them explode, and take out zombie eyeless monkeys with a double barrel shotgun.

187 Ride or Ride should be the FURTHEST game from your mind right now. If you ever want to buy it don't spend more than 2.00 GBP on it dude.

There are just so many other options. You could even get FireWarrior, which Grubensau and mcmonkey both own:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/groupcp.php?g=528

Laughing Ok I wont buy the game for now as there are still multiple copys on the shelf. I will take a look around and see what else is about. The reason the 4.99 tag is so tempting to me is that this is an amount I can loose in a week and not have to worry about other things I need like toilet roll Smile where as anything over 10.00 takes serious consideration, most of the decent rated tiltes left to get are around 14.00 some of the titles I want i.e Everybodys golf and Destruction derby arenas are still 20.00 at the cheapest. This is why the 4.99 titles I snap up quick as sometimes its the only option I have to buy a game that week. I will strive to find something else.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:53 am
quote : #10
I would wait on 187 Ride or Die. These games will be DIRT cheap down the road. There is no reason to hurry and buy them now. You might as well pay a bit more for a very good game that is worth the money now, and save on the cheapies later on.