1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Capcom is making changes to their online lineup on a worldwide level. Please read this thread in detail to see which titles are effected, and which services are being terminated. Capcom of Europe first communicated they are going close Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 in PAL Regions. The game will go offline at the end of March 2007. Unfortunatly, this also impacts the North American version of File 2, as they use the same server. We do not have confirmation on whether this decision originated from Capcom U.S. or Capcom Europe. In addition one of the longest running PS2 online games is destined to head offline along with Resident Evil Outbreak File 2. Auto Modellista in North America will also be closing at the end of March. This has been confirmed by registered user JimSensei. He contact Capcom USA and specifically requested admin confirmation on this issue.

Note that Capcom USA said Resident Evil Outbreak File 1 would NOT be going offline. This seems a bit strange. So, we will all have to wait and see. Enjoy this game for however long it ends up being online.

In Japan, some online games are also being changed in relation to the KDDI subscription service of which SNK, Capcom, and Bandai all support.

The "dial-up" portion of the KDDI subscription service is being phased out, which affects Auto Modellista U.S. Tuned, Mobile Suit Z-Gundam: AEUG Vs. Titans, Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs Z-Gundam. Only the dialup services are being disabled. These games can still be played over broadband if you are a subscriber to the KDDI online service.

To re-cap, here are the game services that will be closing at the end of March 2007:

PAL Regions:
Resident Evil Outbreak File 2

North America:
Auto Modellista
Resident Evil Outbreak File 2

Dialup KDDI services for the following Japanese games:
Auto Modellista U.S. Tuned
Mobile Suit Z-Gundam: AEUG Vs. Titans
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs Z-Gundam

---

Original post at Capcom-Europe forums:
http://forum.capcom-europe.com/viewtopic.php?t=12767

Reciprocated post at Capcom-US forums:
(Warning do not visit any threads relating to server terminations for Resident Evil at the Capcom US forums due to users exploiting the lack of HTML restrictions to post malicious code.)

News Listing for Dialup Termination at KDDI Japan:
http://www.kddi-mmbb.jp/page.php?menu_id=80

Last edited by lordnikon on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:47 am
quote : #2
Thanks for that news. I had recently been looking at the game but was put off a purchase by the lack of HS or KB support in exchange for a pso like popular sentances. Quite a bizzare idea in my opinion.

Cheers for the link, will head over and have my say.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:34 am
quote : #3
I'm so upset! I just bought this game recently (bought a PS2 for the first time as well), so I could play online with it, now they're taking it down in Europe Sad

If anyone wants a game before they shut it down, please do say so! I'd love to play with some people on this game.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:46 pm
quote : #4
appended news is now up ^^ read original post

important!
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:23 pm
quote : #5
Hmm Monster hunter was a game I would have got into for online play in the near furture. Its not on the current list which is good but I think I best hurry up with this one.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:37 pm
quote : #6
Blast wrote:
Hmm Monster hunter was a game I would have got into for online play in the near furture. Its not on the current list which is good but I think I best hurry up with this one.

Laters

Monster Hunter is not in danger going offline anytime soon. There are far too many people playing that game, and Capcom needs to keep the fanbase happy with extensions of the MH universe on future platforms.
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:43 pm
quote : #7
I don't know the situation in Europe, but Monster Hunter is insanely popular in North America. Capcom would be out of their mind to terminate the game here.

It's good to hear that, as of now, Outbreak 1 isn't going anywhere. Although it presents a weird situation in which I will be forced to play a bunch of #2 by the end of the month, before I have even touched #1. =\

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:30 pm
quote : #8
I was particularly reffering to the PAL version of Monster hunter. I think when I looked before it was 144 online peak time in Pal region, how does that compare to NA?

Laters
Posted:
Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:31 am
quote : #9
The US MH server is a little strange; sometimes the game will peak at 400 and sometimes it'll be full at 750.
Posted:
Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:47 pm
quote : #10
JimSensei wrote:
The US MH server is a little strange; sometimes the game will peak at 400 and sometimes it'll be full at 750.

Quite a big gap there then, hope they dont decide to take down the Pal side sooner.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:45 pm
quote : #11
The number of players online on the PAL version of Monster Hunter is quite high in relation to that territory. Online console gaming is not as big in PAL as it is in North America. There are many PAL games which had zero players online, where in the US the games were thriving. The Star Wars Battlefront series is one such example.
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:53 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:
The number of players online on the PAL version of Monster Hunter is quite high in relation to that territory. Online console gaming is not as big in PAL as it is in North America. There are many PAL games which had zero players online, where in the US the games were thriving. The Star Wars Battlefront series is one such example.

I think in the UK online gaming is just as big as it is in the USA taking the number of people who live here into account. Also the fact that PS2 online here is BB only has a big effect on the numbers, it was a definate mistake by Sony to do it that way. In the rest of europe though online gaming as you say is definately not as big as in the USA or UK.

Thanks for the heads up on the Star wars battlefield series, I had thought that with 300-400 online most of the time some would be Pal but if not then I will avoid a purchase.

Getting off topic now anyway so will shut up Very Happy

Laters
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:16 am
quote : #13
File 2 is now offline

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/3964/closedwm5.jpg
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:17 am
quote : #14
Good thing I got video of the lobbies last night Smile
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:52 pm
quote : #15
Even though the game is up at the moment the information bulletin in Auto Modellista reads " Capcom regretfully announces the end of online support for Auto Modellista.
Service will terminate on March 31st, 2007. Fans are, of course, free to continue playing the game offline even after the online server has been shut down. We would like to apologize for any disappointment this decision may cause amongst the dedicated online community."

Did anyone else find the playing offline comment funny?