Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
For all NAOMI / Dreamcast / shmup fans, who were engaging in the EXZEAL (sequel to Trizeal) thread at the Dreamcast Lounge, I have some interesting stuff to report. There was a video for something call "Shooting Technical Skills". It tests your shooter skills in a variety of mini-modes. Basically it is a round based game where you have to complete certain tasks. One could call this shooter training.

I recently purchased the Playstation 2 release of Trizeal. Call me an idiot for doing so, but I love my NAOMI shooters so much I need to buy them on all platforms now.

But... I am not that much of an idiot because the PS2 version of Trizeal has an Omake (bonus) game which is an early version of shooting technical skills. It is a 5 round game, which pushes you to last as long as you can and rack up as many points as possible in each mini-round.

You are given a grade at the end, along with a hi-score and password for entering into the official PS2 Trizeal internet rankings.

Triangle Service is really onto something here. The idea of a shmup training game is genius. Why no company has done this before is baffling! This seems like an all new avenue for shooters to go in. I sure hope this gets released in arcades and it becomes a huge success. I can't describe how fun this simple 5 round mini-game was.

The thought of a full game of say 100 different rounds like this, would be amazing.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:22 am
quote : #2
Isn't the omake mode in the DC version?... I'm sure it is. I think it just needs unlocking.
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:36 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
No I believe the shooting technical skills is exclusive to the PS2 version. It wasn't on the DC version as far as I am aware.