Page Location: Home > Twisted Metal Black: Online > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 11, 2007 10:26 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just checked, and can confirm that Twisted Metal Black Online has indeed been terminated in North America. It was taken offline by Sony on April 10th 2007. The Twisted Metal Alliance site, the only real TM community on the net, contacted Sony and confirmed that they game was terminated.

Remember this game has LAN support, so the game as far as this site is concerned isn't really offline. Sure it was officially terminated, but we can tunnel this game online. Much of the Twisted Metal diehards have moved on to tunnel the game over xlink. With so many games going offline recently, more discussions will spring up here at OC relating to LAN Tunneling and how to do it.

The LAN mode for Twisted Metal Black Online is identical in every way to the games online mode. It has the keyboard chat functions and everything. So we are not really losing anything here. Be thankful this game has LAN, since it is one of the best online games for the PS2 in my opinion.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:16 pm
quote : #2
that sucks.

i use to play it off my HDD every now and then.
o well i still got the PSP one.

http://www.tribesaa.com
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:39 pm
quote : #3
You should be saying we still have the PS2 one Cool You just have to tunnel the game, which is as easy as loading up xlink, setting a port on your router, and having your PS2 auto detect network settings. We can try it sometime if you want. I am always up for some twisted metal.

Nothing is lost in a LAN environment. All of the same exact features of the online are there, including keyboard chat. The only thing that I guess would be missing now is the ability to play this game over a phone line via dialup. Dialup ISP users would have to now use Internet Connection Sharing.
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:22 pm
quote : #4
What is LAN?
Posted:
Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:56 pm
quote : #5
LAN stands for Local Area Network. When a game has LAN support (such as Twisted Metal Black Online) it means that it can connect to a local router, and host a game for anyone else on the local network to join. So you could have 2 Playstation 2's connected to a network router, and one could host a game, and the other could join.

LAN tunneling is where you take this process, and then funnel the packets over to another player across the internet. This is usually done with an intermediary piece of software.

Since TMBO is offline in North America, the primary way to play this game online now is via LAN Tunneling, by using applications such as GIT or XLink.
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:55 pm
quote : #6
No wonder i cant get online.... I dont have LAN and idk how to get LAN...