Page Location: Home > Classic Playstation > Topic
MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
In much the same way Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank are platforming staples of the Playstation 2, I'd have to be believe that Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon both are of high recognition with the original Playstation. Do you feel the same way about it, or is there some other character or persona (i.e. Lara Croft) that better represents an action-adventure single-player experience on the PS1?

I happen to own all the PS1 Crash and Spyro games, so they are certainly associated with the PS1 in my mind. (Ironically, though maybe not coincidentally, all the major notable releases of the Jak, Ratchet, Crash and Spyro games are from the same developers Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games, respectively.)
Posted:
Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:43 pm
quote : #2
Yeh those two were highly though of although its not really a game genre that I am heavily into we did have sokme people play those games here and a little ourselves. I would also say Croc is of equaly high standing and Pandamonium was also very good. Lara Croft an Icon yes and for me memories of great times on the PS1 but she was very multi platform had films and other stuff so was more of an Icon rather than a PS1 Icon.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:15 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think of Crash when I think of PS1. I've put so many hours into those games when I was growing up Shocked

JKKDARK
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:23 pm
quote : #4
I don't see them as icons, but they are good. But my favorite of these two series is the spin-off Crash Team Racing; even if it's a Mario Kart clone, I love it multiplayer! Very Happy

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:34 pm
quote : #5
JKKDARK wrote:
I don't see them as icons, but they are good. But my favorite of these two series is the spin-off Crash Team Racing; even if it's a Mario Kart clone, I love it multiplayer! Very Happy

Yeh I love CTR, made me think of putting that back in again now Very Happy

Laters