Total Votes : 10
OmegaChrono
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:54 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I don't have keyboard for my PS2 yet and I was wondering whether I should get iType2 controller from nYko or just some USB keyboard? The iType2 will probably take some getting used to, but at least I won't have to get off my controller to type on my keyboard everytime I have to say something. I saw the iType2 for $39.99 at Bestbuy and USB keyboards are probably around $15 to $30 or something, I'm not really sure which I should get.
Any oppinions?

Edit: I just found out that be ebgames is selling the iType2 for $34.99 http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/239000.asp hope this helps if you dont know what the iType2 was.

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:19 am
quote : #2
I personally think the iType buttons are too small. It may be different to you.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:57 pm
quote : #3
I'd go with a regular keyboard. The keys are much easier to press. I saw the iType at BestBuy, and it didn't look too.. nice? The keypad was really small, and the controller itself wasn't too pretty either (IMO).

kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:52 pm
quote : #4
i'd also have to go with a regular usb keyboard..those buttons on there just look too tiny

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:53 am
quote : #5
Here is what the nYko itype2 controller is good for.

+Single word replies
+Short sentances to mid-size phrases
+Travel - such as going over to a buddies house to play some online games or going out of town. Nobody wants to lug a full size keyboard around with them.
+4 Programmable buttons (perfect for programming in the tmb:o chat enable code)

If your gonna be typing up a storm then I would get a standard USB keyboard. However if your just gonna be typing phrases here and there and just some simple replies, then I would pick up an iType2.
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:54 pm
quote : #6
Well I usually don't say much in-game or than "hi" or "thanks" and I don't have TMB:O, but I plan on buying it so I'm considering getting the iType2 but I'm pretty broke right now so its either getting the USB keyboard now or the iType2 later. hmmm..... Rolling Eyes

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:56 pm
quote : #7
Well if your very broke, then I would consider just getting a standard PC USB keyboard. (is the keyboard on your PC USB? you could use that.) FYI do not buy the datel powerboard. ANY standard PC usb keyboard is better than the datel board. Its construction is pure garbage.
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:49 pm
quote : #8
i picked up a kb for 12 bucks a few days ago, it is a datel, but hell, 12 bucks. its prety slick lookin, but you can already tell the qualitys lacking. id say if your gonna drop 40 on a controller look at that logitech kb/controller combo. logitech blows nyko outta the watter any day.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801498

plus its REEEEEAL cool lookin.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:21 am
quote : #9
Hey i would get the usb keyboard cus the nyko is for mostly travel... or short here and there things ya wanna say lol me i type paragraphs when i talk online so i need the keyboard also they are right the powerboard is made poorly im on my 3rd Power board!!!!!!! mainly cus i split liquids in it lol (this will kill any keyboard) but it still has poor craftsmanship you have to be very careful with em... but it dos look slick and matches ur ps2 nicely anad their cheap .
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:05 pm
quote : #10
My friend has the iType 2 controler and has said nothing but great things about it. Smile

-Mytho