Page 1 of 1
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I REALLY enjoy the time crisis series and I think I'm going to buy some of the games for home play. I don't know what the best and worst types of light guns are as I've read many differing views on the guncom 1&2 and I've read a couple of good reviews on some off brands. Could anyone point me in a good direction?
Posted:
Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:27 pm
quote : #2
Are you planning to play through composite (yellow cable) or S-Video?
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:31 am
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
Are you planning to play through composite (yellow cable) or S-Video?

Composite

Posted thu7 Julpm0730,2004:

so uh... you know of any good ones?
Posted:
Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:49 pm
quote : #4
did Any of the ps2 gun games works with the original psx guncom?
Posted:
Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:57 pm
quote : #5
I've been planning to get a guncon 1 and the original PSX game for my PS2 for some time now, I played with the original time crisis and gun alot on the PSX, so if you after som eretro fun, I recommend getting the original guncon on ebay. No recoil, but soo much nostalgia!

As for the guncon 2 I am also interested to hear others comments and recommendations

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:52 pm
quote : #6
I got Crisis Zone in the mail today practically brand new. It came with the Guncon2 and evvverything, but I toatlly wish the thing had recoil as it cuts immersion in half for me.
Posted:
Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:48 pm
quote : #7
i managed to find a nice gun on ebay a few years back, it was off brand but it could function as a guncon, guncon2, or a normal light gune, plus it has a laser pointer so you could cheat i guess? lol

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:45 pm
quote : #8
nonofthat what is the name of the gun you purchased. i might want to look into getting one myself
Posted:
Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:37 pm
quote : #9
This guy has an assload of light guns listed for the PS2. Unfortunately, he has very few personal reviews of the guns he shows.
Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:10 pm
quote : #10
Everything I've heard about LightGuns on Sony consoles is that the GunCon series is the way to go. I've got a GunCon 2 for the PS2, and it's been rock solid so far.

The only issue I know of is that it's my understanding that a PS1 GunCon game won't function with a GunCon 2, and a PS2 GunCon 2 game won't function with a GunCon. The GunCon plugs into the controller port, and the GunCon 2 uses USB, and has a passthrough port for your composite hookup for even better accuracy.

Make sure if you're buying a used GunCon 2 that the passthrough cable is included. It has ends that look like this:

B plugs into the composite video port on your TV, and the composite video cable from your PS2 will plug into A. One gun will plug into C, and the other gun will plug into D, so you can use two guns for two player games (or if you want to go all John Woo by yourself). You can leave the cable plugged in all the time, so you won't have to hook it up every time you want to play a lightgun game.

I think there are some PS2 third party guns that have recoil (like TC3/TC4 in the arcades), but I don't know how accurate they are. Also, there are third party guns that will work with both GunCon 1 and GunCon 2 games, but once again I don't know how accurate they are.

noonotthat
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:00 pm
quote : #11
well mine is very accurate, and i dont remember what the name of it was, but its orange and has a laser sight that you can turn on and off, thats all I know, lol