Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok everyone, I am going to need some serious assistance here, especially from PAL users. I am trying to narrow down the core set of games we will focus on down the road. I have obviously started to do this, but things are still in limbo. All types of factors are effecting this, such as exclusivity, cross-region support, and game features. Do I focus community support on a PS2 exclusive that is not cross region compatible? or a multi-platform game that is cross-region compatible? Making this decision is extremly difficult, and I can't do this without getting more data.

Help from PAL users:

I need to find out exactly which LAN games can be tunneled online between PAL and North American players. There may be games which reach different MasterLists, yet are compatible to play online via LAN tunneling. To do this requires testing. Because PAL users are in different timezones, and I work during the week we will need to use time in the middle of the day on weekends so you guys arn't staying up too late.

Help from North American users:

We need to find out what features work over a LAN. Does headset work over a LAN? does playing custom maps work over a LAN? Is there keyboard support and how well does it work? Do patches for Socom, Star Wars Battlefront, and Project Snowblind effect online play only or LAN also? In addition to this I really need to test out Armored Core with someone. I own all of them so if you have Nexus, Nine Breaker, or Last Raven we can try any of these.

In order to assist in testing you must own a cross-region compatible online title that also has LAN. I recommend TimeSplitters Future Perfect since this game tunnels easily in multiple applications. Since this game is cross-region compatible online, we need to use this as a benchmarking tool. By first getting online with a known standard, we can then eliminate the idea that "your network is messed up" when testing other games. If we get one game working, and another game is yielding problems, then it most likely isn't cross-region for LAN tunneling.

Next you must have XLink(teamxlink.co.uk) up and running and your network configured to run this application. You need to get this setup and working before testing starts. I can't set aside time for testing only to spend 4 hours troubleshooting your home network and why you can't get it working with XLink. I am going to get up a basic tutorial for setting up XLink as soon as possible.

If anyone would like to lend their time to this effort, it would be very helpful. Reply if you feel you have the time to help with this.

Note: I am planning on getting an XLink setup guide for Router users up by the middle of the week. Testing would start this weekend. If people are available.
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:38 pm
quote : #2
I should be around this weekend. I can also assist testing out Armored Core: Nexus.
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:48 pm
quote : #3
Make sure you are properly setup for play online over XLink. Meaning, be sure that your PS2 is verified as detected by XLink and ready to play online. Also the weekend time is more or less specifically for PAL users. North American users are more than welcome to test during the week. Just let me know when your setup is ready. I am actually going to be installing XLink on my new PC tonight and getting my stuff configured.
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:44 pm
quote : #4
I could have it ready by tonight (I've been through XLink set-up with an Xbox before), barring any unforeseen issues. Will keep you posted on Pandion.
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:27 pm
quote : #5
I dont have a router still BUT we are planning to update our PC and I will be looking from next Tuesday. Not getting anything fantastic roughly 1.5 GHZ p4 256mb and 60+HD. Will look for something 2nd hand packaged with a router then maybe I can be of some help with THUG and Project snowblind. Segadreamcaster also has Project snowblind so may be able to help you out there.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:21 pm
quote : #6
i could lend a hand this weekend, I've been through XLink w/both ps2 and xbox!

Last edited by pannta on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:01 am
quote : #7
Working all weekend Sad , sorry! Let me know if you need help further down the line!

fanoid
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:37 pm
quote : #8
Sorry Nikon i dont own any lan titles but i have started a news job this week so i mite be able top pick up some new games soon Very Happy

ced818
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:29 pm
quote : #9
im free all saturday evening man. Just let me know what titles. (then again, i may be obsolete since i have no headset)
Posted:
Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:26 pm
quote : #10
Hmm, I never finished getting XLink working. I'm working all week, too. Sad THUG would probably be the one I can get around with, though.