Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
noonotthat
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:35 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok, I have had my ps2 since launch, never had any DRE only problems ive had are ps2 cdr games (but putting the console verticle fixes this), But I have allways been curiious about this. Is it better to leave the ps2 in standyby ( where the reset button is red and if you hit it again the system turns on). Or if you turn the system off once in standby. Or does it not make any difference, Since its harder t o find the original ps2's (kinda) I would like to know this so I can prolong the life of my ps2.

thanks

JKKDARK
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:55 pm
quote : #2
I always had my consoles on standby and I still didn't have problems, so I don't think you will get problems Wink

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:49 pm
quote : #3
I would imagine you'd get more life out of it by not leaving it on standby. Plus you'd be helping the environment Wink
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:52 pm
quote : #4
I always leave my console in standby mode.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:15 am
quote : #5
Dunno about the ps2 but some electrical appliaces use as much electricity in stand by than they do when they are switched on. So i always switch mine off even at the mains.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:28 pm
quote : #6
I would like to think that I am prolonging the life of my system by switching it off. Also, why bother wasting electricity just so the system can boot up 2 seconds faster?
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:37 pm
quote : #7
I always switch mine off proper. Save the planet wot not!

Phredreeke
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:21 pm
quote : #8
Quote:
I would like to think that I am prolonging the life of my system by switching it off. Also, why bother wasting electricity just so the system can boot up 2 seconds faster?

Well, for one thing they placed the power switch on the back, and on the slim PS2 there isn't even one. If you want to "switch off" the slim model you have to unplug it. But... what use is the standby mode? To have a little red led light up? I can see the use of it on systems which can be turned on with the controller or receive updates while in standby mode, but the PS2 do neither of those.