Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
noonotthat
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
With the new gen of consoles coming out every place is dropping the prices on all their ps2, gc, and x box games, and recently at my local gamestop i managed to pick up all these titles complete inn great condition used, projectsnowblind ($5), Draken the anceints gate ($8), kinetica ($3), and Maximo Ghosts to glory ($5). I suggest you all head to your local gamestop and check the bargin bins, you can usualy find some amazign games dirt cheap and in good condition, still need to pick up cold winter from my gamestop which is a complete game as well. Finaly getting back into ps2 with all these price drops :)

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:30 am
quote : #2
Yeah, I recently raided a local GameStop and got Snowblind, Jak X and Midnight Club 2 for $30. Go for that copy of Cold Winter. That is a great game.

Word of warning about Drakan though: I'm about 2 hours or so into the game and I have yet to leave the first area (which is a gigantic swamp). That game can get really repetitive and dull since you are hacking up lizardmen, in a swamp, with no end in sight, for about an hour straight before something vaguely interesting happens. I've heard the game gets much better when you finish the swamp portion. I think I am nearing the end of the swamp, though I wouldn't be shocked if I am stuck chopping up more lizardmen for a good hour or so.
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:40 am
quote : #3
ok thanks for the heads up, i just remember hearing good things about the game when it first came out, kinda forgot about it but then when i was browsing the $19.99 and under online game stop i came across it I got on to finding it and did, I'm sure I can manage a little repetiveness if the rest of the game is amazing.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:00 am
quote : #4
My brother has played through Drakan multiple times, and considers it to be one of his favorite PS2 games of all time. If you are stuck I am sure he can lend some tips. His username here is "Treey". Drakan is a really cool game from what I have seen. You hack up lizard men in the beginning, but later on you are flying all over the world with your Dragon taking on various quests.
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:55 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
You hack up lizard men in the beginning, but later on you are flying all over the world with your Dragon taking on various quests.

I talked with my buddy about it again a few days ago. He also told me that once you are in control of the dragon, the game begins to open up quite a bit. I'm going to pop it in tonight and see if I can slog my way through the swamp.
Posted:
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:05 pm
quote : #6
Update:
just had another trip to gamestop today and picked up Chaos Legion ($10), Killzone ($10), and Summoner ($4), hopefully Killzone has some good online play, man i seiorusly love all these bargin prices

Dalore
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:14 pm
quote : #7
I've only played Killzone once online. It seemed a tad clunky, but quite immersive and atmospheric. It hasn't been a game that I've felt is a 'must buy' myself, but it is still on the cards if I see a copy at the right price, and $10 does seem like quite a bargain!