Topic: Just tried out AC2

Page 1 of 1
U-235
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:06 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I borrowed this game from my neighbor to give it a shot. Awesome graphics, but the lack of analog joystick is kind of annoying, in my opinion. It wouldn't be so bad, but all of the button mashing you must do hurts my fingers a bit. Confused
Posted:
Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:41 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
There is a huge re-adjustment period when playing this game without analog sticks. Everything you are feeling is normal. However as I have said before the matches tend to break your hands in half, regardless of using analogs or not. AC is an intense game.

Here are some tips to get acclimated to the controls:

1.) Sit in AC Test in the Garage for a long long time. Just chill in there. Fly around and track the drone MT's, and toy with them. Dodge their missiles and shots. Leave 1 MT around so the training session doesn't end. (note: as soon as all MT's are destroyed, AC test is over and you are booted back to the menu)

2.) Relax as best as you can. Yea I know, AC is an intense game, but early on the key is to relax and focus on what you are doing. Seriously focus on those controls and try to learn to use them.

3.) Use taps!!! For aiming, don't press down super hard on the buttons for aiming unless your target is seriously out of range. If you are new, you will over shoot your target each and every time. Use subtle taps to keep your enemy in the bounding box. This tapping method is the KEY to using buttons for aiming instead of an analog stick.