Page Location: Home > Archive > Phantasy Star Universe (Archive) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:27 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
With the new expansion coming out, I feel pressure to wrap up the single player storyline. I am going to want to check out what is different and new in Ambition of Illuminus right when it is released. Looks like I may have to grind the single player after work a few nights this week.

Haha I have not booted this game up since the first week it was released. As soon as I found out that offline extra mode was just the single player all over again with a new character skin, I powered down and shelved the game.
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:42 pm
quote : #2
Ambitions of the Illuminus will have offline content? If true, that is... unexpected, but welcome.

How far did you get in the single-player game nikon? I hate to admit this, but I actually enjoyed the time I spent in single-player. I believe made it to Chap. 5. Wouldn't mind getting back into it myself.
Posted:
Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:14 am
quote : #3
I enjoyed playing through the single player as well even though there are some painful moments when they take a lot of time for a turtorial. I made it to the boss at ch 6 and died an havent played it since because the save point was a lil bits away from that but i would like to finish the story mode eventually.
Posted:
Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:21 am
quote : #4
Finished chapter 10.
It is so odd to note the differences between online and offline.
offline seems easier to get mission points, lvl up.
actually I've been trying to wrap up the offline game ,so I can play the online
story mode of PSU because it will spoil stuff that happens in the game. I had did some missions and kept thinking
What?
What?!?!
No Way!
I need to finish the offline game. Mad
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:53 am
quote : #5
Well I started up story mode again late last night. I just sort of got used to running around again, and watched some cut scenes as I made my way to a new planet. I just barely started Chapter 5.

I have not booted up Phantasy Star Universe at all in over a year. I played it on its week of release and unlocked extra mode. As soon as I found out that extra mode was simply playing through the exact same missions I had just played through, using a custom character skin, that really ticked me off. I figured it would let me play through areas like PSO. Turns out that wasn't the case...

Anyways I plan to start playing through PSU off and on to finish up the story mode. I want to do that before I check out the sequel. Plus, there are so many aspects to PSU that are completly foreign to me. I need to do some studying up on the game again. Coming back after all this time, I have no idea what is going on.
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:24 am
quote : #6
I would like to finish the story mode as well in time for the new one but im not sure if it will happen due to time and my ps2 not being here with me. i planned on playing it through during summer and i didnt get into it until the last week of summer. Since the next one comes out in november i may be able to put some time into this and hopefully play through it without dieing a lot.

and not to be picky but PSU came out in late october so nikon it hasnt been quite a year yet since you played PSU lol.