Page 1 of 2
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Heads up everyone. Call of Duty 3 does not have a LAN mode. So, "Call of Duty 2: Big Red One" is the game to get.
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:27 pm
quote : #2
do a lot of people still play COD2 the big red one online?
Posted:
Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:19 pm
quote : #3
yes, a lot of people play it still i bought it this last weekend and i always see more than 10 rooms running full. Is my first time playing a call of duty game and i can say the game is awsome. so don't worry about the servers going down and if they do we have lan to tunnel the game.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:56 pm
quote : #4
ok cool..i might have to try this one out then.. i used to own it on the xbox. ive been with the call of duty series since the first one on the PC.. great games
Posted:
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:06 am
quote : #5
Yea the one you will run into though is these games have dodgey framerates on the PS2. The gameplay is still fun and fast paced. Though, COD2 doesn't match the performance of MOH Rising Sun (which I always thought had a great framerate).

Its not like any of the other COD games are any better. COD3's framerate is just as bad. With the Brothers in Arms games not being so hot, Call of Duty 2 really is the best option available with its LAN features. So atleast we have 1 online forever WWII FPS. Wink

In my time spent online with COD2 I had a great time and really got into the gameplay. So it is a thumbs up in that respect.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:16 pm
quote : #6
Well, I just ordered this game and should have it this week. Noonothat also has picked up a copy. So if some other people get the game and are interested we could get some games going. I have never played this game online but I enjoyed cod3 quite a bit and I doubt they play that differently.

O, I first thought there was no pdb for this game since ther is no pdb link for the game in the lan section but it shows up under the online game list.

Also, does anyone know if the servers are crappy for this? COD3's servers were terrible with frequent disconnects and other problems.
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:23 am
quote : #7
COD2 owns good storyline, good gamplay online and off.
The best thing about COD3 is the vehicles when its not lagging or disconecting online.

COD2 is the best COD for a storyline, you get to really know 1 team instead of 3...

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:17 am
quote : #8
ive played cod2's singleplayer b4 when I had it on another system. I remember thinking it was good but not great. I am buying it for the multiplayer aspects of the game. O , so cod2 does not have vehicles in multiplayer? I liked having them in cod3 as well.
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:14 am
quote : #9
CoD2: BRO is a pretty smooth experience online. Disconnects are seldom as is lag. The only trouble you might encounter is connecting, as you might not be able to connect to every player.

There are no vehicles in multiplayer.

Rommel
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:43 pm
quote : #10
Well there's tanks.....

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:14 pm
quote : #11
Those are only on a handful of levels. Don't know what CoD3 had, but that is the only vehicle.

Rommel
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:40 pm
quote : #12
COD 3 has jeeps, tanks, motorcycles

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:09 pm
quote : #13
I havn't encountered any major game crippling lag in COD2 BRO. It has been pretty solid. Me and TheMytho have played it online before.
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:52 pm
quote : #14
Ah ok good to know
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:52 pm
quote : #15
Yea, I'm going to order this game soon as well. Still looking for an online FPS with excitement comparable to Battlefield 2:MC.