Topic: timesplitters 3

Page 1 of 1
kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
hey i read over at gamespot.com that timesplitters 3 will be coming out in 2005 and will support online play Very Happy

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:34 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
kodabb51 wrote:
hey i read over at gamespot.com that timesplitters 3 will be coming out in 2005 and will support online play Very Happy

Sounds good. But 2005? That's kinda far away... When'd TS2 come out? And (though this is a bit fanboyish) I hope it's also online for the GC, I tried a PS2 controller on my GC (via an adapter) and played TS2. It was a little funky, but the right analog stick (used for looking) was a LOT nicer than the C stick for looking..

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:32 pm
quote : #3
Timesplitters 3 being online is a given. TS2 was supposed to be online but they yanked it at the last minute. Which is why the xbox and ps2 version had all these LAN network features. PS2 version has i.Link AND LAN capabilities...I still need to test the PS2 version online but I heard the tunneling works very well, since the games code had already been optimized for online gameplay. Its supposed to run at near full framerate, unlike slo-mo mario kart etc etc.

It would be fantastic if it came out for all systems and had online capabilities. If it was online for gamecube I would almost have to buy it for gamecube, kinda cause I run this website but also I really want another online game for my cube :[ Man it would be bomb ass if they made it cross system compatible. That would own.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:15 pm
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
Timesplitters 3 being online is a given. TS2 was supposed to be online but they yanked it at the last minute. Which is why the xbox and ps2 version had all these LAN network features. PS2 version has i.Link AND LAN capabilities...I still need to test the PS2 version online but I heard the tunneling works very well, since the games code had already been optimized for online gameplay. Its supposed to run at near full framerate, unlike slo-mo mario kart etc etc.

It would be fantastic if it came out for all systems and had online capabilities. If it was online for gamecube I would almost have to buy it for gamecube, kinda cause I run this website but also I really want another online game for my cube :[ Man it would be bomb ass if they made it cross system compatible. That would own.

*totally agrees*

PS2 only reads Tribes right now...
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:46 pm
quote : #5
Well I just got word. Electronic Arts bought the rights to publish the game. Free Radical is still completly developing the game however Electronic Arts aquirred the rights to publish the game. This now means EA will most likely have control over the netcode. EA is notorious for making online games with SMALL player counts. 4 player FP's with broadband only compatibility. Timesplitters 3 may or may not get screwed up. We'll have to wait and see exactly how controlling EA gets with their game.

ALSO I really hate how you have to sign up at EA in order to play their online games. Its like seganet almost. Like with SSX3 you had to fill out all these forms. I don't understand why they would do this. This means EA can't terminate any games online capabilities at will. I hate this. I hate EA's online plans and how they approach console gaming online.

I think its one thing all platforms can agree on. EA does somethings well, however they make these wierd biased decisions which nobody can understand, like not making sports games on xbox, not making games like MOH Rising sun online compatible for cube, and making online games with hidiously low player counts.

The fact of the matter is, I don't care what system TS3 comes out for, EA could fuck it all up no matter where the game gets released. Makes me nervous.
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:57 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
I heard the tunneling works very well, since the games code had already been optimized for online gameplay. Its supposed to run at near full framerate, unlike slo-mo mario kart etc etc

the minute i buy a router im gonna try tunneling ts2.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:59 pm
quote : #7
Dude I am soooo down to try that out man. I was reading through the the sony playstation.com forums. And this one guy says "yea I have tried tunneling that before it was pretty fun". So I guess it runs pretty damn fucking good Smile
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:24 pm
quote : #8
yoo, isn't 2005 when supposedly "ps3" is suppose to come out n stuff?
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:17 pm
quote : #9
DragonSlayer3288 wrote:
yoo, isn't 2005 when supposedly "ps3" is suppose to come out n stuff?

The end of 2005, early 2006 I think. Though the lady that manning the register at BestBuy (when I bought my PS2) said that it was coming out at the end of 2004 ('twas Dec. 30th 2003 when I got it).

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:07 am
quote : #10
This game isn't coming out for...a WHILE hehe. Its in the back burner of my mind right now. At the moment I really wanna test out tunneling TS2 online. TS3 i'll start thinking about when i see some dev shots.
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:15 pm
quote : #11
But I want to try the TS2 tunneling since I'm getting Broadband! Razz

Maybe the reason it's coming out in 2005 is Free Radical wants a good story mode and they can't get their stuff together for a late 2004 release? The story mode in TS2 was awful garbage. Filler folks, FILLER. Multiplayer was quite the gas though.

Oh yeah, and TS2 came out in 2002. TS1 came out at PS2 launch (Fall of 2000).

-TheMytho

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:06 am:

Any werd on tunneling, Meester Nikon? I know I just got Warhammer, but give me a week or so and I'll probably have TS2. Smile (God knows I buy too many games)

-Mytho