Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Man thats right I said I had a little extra Sam to go along with this Sammy news. Guess what? A new FPS coming to ps2 online. It just keeps getting better and better it seems for PS2 gamers as far as First Person Shooters. Ready old school fans? Serious Sam: Next Encounter is headed to Playstation 2 online. Many people have been overly frustrated with the lack of GOOD classic style first person shooters. (Q3 and UT fans you know what I am talking about) Serious Sam already has proven to have a glimpse of that classic fraggem and baggem feal.

For more shots of Serious Sam: Next Encounter, hit up the screenshots section.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:00 pm
quote : #2
i read up on there point system there structuring for this game. how many consecutive kills you get, how well you line up you enemies to slaughter them, ect. thatll add some origional stragety to the game.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:09 pm
quote : #3
Online specs or is this going to be another Warhammer?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:14 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well this game has already been out on the PC in multiple versions. It already has a previous track record and multiple games in the series. I don't think this will be another warhammer. Here we have a situation where their has already been previous incarnations of the game, so this should be a shoe in for FPS carnage on the net. It would be kind of hard to mess this one up. Plus the developers kinda stick to the same Serious Sam formula with each new version of the game. The main thing Serious Sam has always had going for and the reason why it has been a popular game on the PC is that it sticks to the standard slaughter jillions of badguys fragging action format. They just don't make those kind's of games anymore. Which is why Serious Sam has done rather well as a game.
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:19 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
Well this game has already been out on the PC in multiple versions. It already has a previous track record and multiple games in the series. I don't think this will be another warhammer. Here we have a situation where their has already been previous incarnations of the game, so this should be a shoe in for FPS carnage on the net. It would be kind of hard to mess this one up. Plus the developers kinda stick to the same Serious Sam formula with each new version of the game. The main thing Serious Sam has always had going for and the reason why it has been a popular game on the PC is that it sticks to the standard slaughter jillions of badguys fragging action format. They just don't make those kind's of games anymore. Which is why Serious Sam has done rather well as a game.

But then this is a port... which makes me shudder. They better let us keep online features and maps off the PC version.