Previous  1, 2, 3
Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:57 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Me and a friend recently bought a dual arcade stick thingy from X-Arcade with the original intention of buying a whole arcade machine.
http://www.xgaming.com

we got the Dual Tank Stick w/ some roller ball thingy in the center and it comes with a console adaptor of your choice. i think this can be a little pricy but it does come with a lifetime warranty.
Posted:
Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:58 pm
quote : #32
I am actually looking into buying an HRAP2 now. At first I wasn't going to get one, but apparently the parts are easily interchangable which means easy modding. I want to add Seimitsu buttons. Too bad they are sold out on Play-Asia now. I waited far too long.
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:47 pm
quote : #33
I did a search for this on Google, but most of the stuff I found pertained to the connection from the PCB to the PS2 (The 9 terminals at the end of the plug.) I wanted the schematic of the buttons on the controller. I actually had made this diagram before I did the search, for fun; but it turned out I needed to!

I used a broken controller as a guide. Fortunately, only the plastic overlay with openings where the buttons press down was broken; the circuit board still worked, as I found out by connecting wires to points on the board.

The circuit board has solder bumps on the opposite side of where the sheet plugs in, with "1" at one end, "18" at the other; that's what the numbers in the image correspond to.
I wasn't sure what the "PS?" break is for, but I think it has something to do with pressure sensitivity.

I am planning on building a Joystick for playing Capcom Classics Collection 2 with this part. I am looking into ordering a Sanwa JLF joystick, possibly from LizardLick.com.

Last edited by MasquedWarrior on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Einhander
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:51 pm
quote : #34
Sometime in the next couple of months I want to replace the art on my T5 stick. I found a template here, but it's missing two buttons.

I'm thinking of using Metal Slug art, or maybe a variation on this for kicks (assuming I can find a sample that will look good enough).

I figure I'll head down to Kinkos and have them print out both designs on shitty paper so I can overlay them on the stick and see how they look, and then have the design I decide on printed out on the nicer material.

The cool thing is that I could probably reuse whichever design I ended up going with whenever I get ahold of a new HRAP2 (after removing a rectangle for the switches).

I don't really have anything in the way of graphic design skill, so I may just find someone who does and see if they would be interested in doing the work for a few bucks.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:14 pm
quote : #35
Einhander are you sure you can pull off a clean image replacement? The Tekken stick has like a laminant of some kind. I have seen some Tekken stick mods and they tend to look rather weak, or cheap. As if the sticks were stripped down and shottly put back together. Even though the image is different, the stick looks less pro than it was when it was first out of the box.

MasquedWarrior, you may also want to check this out as well: http://www.norrisarcadesticks.com

The above is a great solution because you can solder the wires to the PS2 board contacts, and outfit the case with whatever stick/buttons you want. You have to be really on top of things to get one of those cases though. They sell out instantly.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:03 pm
quote : #36
I've read that if you take care to use the right material then you can have a good looking T5 stick. That's one of the reasons why I want to make absolutely sure what design I want to use before I spend the money to have it printed on the proper backing.

Anything is better than the Tekken 5 art, though. And if I screw up I can always peel it off and try again.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:59 pm
quote : #37
I'd offer my design services, as I also have a monsterous library of game art archived (33,000+ images). However right now I am overworked. Summer I might be able to lend a hand.

Most images you find online aren't at the proper DPI settings for print. They are at 72 DPI which is for screen display. You really need 150 - 300 dpi images, that are also large in dimensions so they print clear and crisp. To be perfectly honest, most of the arcade stick layover designs I have seen... are embarassingly weak in terms of design. Some are look okay, yet are still uninspiring.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:31 pm
quote : #38
lordnikon wrote:
MasquedWarrior, you may also want to check this out as well: http://www.norrisarcadesticks.com

The above is a great solution because you can solder the wires to the PS2 board contacts, and outfit the case with whatever stick/buttons you want. You have to be really on top of things to get one of those cases though. They sell out instantly.

Whoah, the prices! Thank you for directing me to those, they do look cool, but I don't think I'd be willing to pay that much. I'd rather just save the money, and make my own out of spare boards of wood. It would also add to the value the joystick'd have to me; as I will know that's one more part I made myself.

Nearyl every online store I know of is still dealing with back-orders. I'll just have to wait, unless I choose to buy an Omni Stick from Groovy Game Gear, instead of a Sanwa JLF, as planned. I've only found one opinion on that, so I would be taking a leap of faith if I were to try it out for myself.

Last edited by MasquedWarrior on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:08 pm
quote : #39
Try the "Everything Else" forum over at neo-geo.com. There are always some random arcade sticks for sale in there. Maybe you could score one that is easy to mod, like the Namco Playstation 1 stick with the yellow buttons.

I am stil in search for an HRAP2 Mad
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:00 pm
quote : #40
Sometime after I made my last post, I finally created a joystick. Here are some photos. In retrospect, I probably should have done a less-complicated design, with only one joystick, but oh, well.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:38 pm
quote : #41
Nice job! Is the smaller ball stick Sanwa? Also whats the larger one for?