Topic: Finally a good change for me

Page 1 of 1
ced818
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:52 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Since I've owned Armored Core Nine Breaker the difficulty on the Arena mode has led me to believe that I've totally sucked but in reality my AC was half the problem. After running over some Training missions I realized I lacked the parts to actually play good.

So.

I switched parts around. Finally paied attention to the AC Performance charts and I made the edits. Though it aint much, but my piloting skills (lol I said It) has lead me to take a Overall 'C' classed AC to the actual raking boards. Im now currently rank no: 29 on the charts after beating out B-Billy when he challenged me.

It aint much for the big time players, but for me. I still got a long way to go. I have to now study the parts throughly inorder to get the supurb AC I'm dreaming of. lol.
Posted:
Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:20 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes using a stock AC means you will get thoroughly destroyed. Upgrading, adjusting, and tweaking your AC is key to performing better. Its true that piloting skills play a major roll in Armored Core, but a lot of it has to do with how much you know about all of the AC parts, and how well your primary AC design is tweaked. This game is so deep that you may not figure some stuff out until years down the road. I still havn't learned how to make proper energy based AC designs since all I have focused on over the years are Humanoid Bipedal AC's that use shell based rounds.

One thing to note about Nine Breaker is that the training exercises in this game will teach you everything you need to know in order to build AC units. You will be constantly stripping down and rebuilding your AC to complete all of the training exercises. For some of the speed runs, you will have to build a fast AC devoid of all AC parts, or for the heat endurance tests, one that can cool down and also dodge the incoming high-heat missiles that are tracking you.