Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
On 11/07/07 there will be an Unofficial PS conference that will take 4 to 6 days to complete(More of a tourney but it was called PS (U) C in this case) in my area in some dudes massive backyard! which will cover all 4 of the PS's.

there will be 92 and I joined 37/92 (which is like $28.XX in entry) tourney's in Total. In the PS2 Tourney I singed up for QUAKE III: Revolution for the PS2 at the price of $3.00(I was Surprised to see that so I joined) the prize $10.

the next one I singed up for was Armored Core: Nine Breaker(I asked the guy and he said cause it is his favorite) for $1.50(Becuase it is 2 players offline and he only has one PS2), the prize is the losers AC(Is that even possible?), plus $5(because it is2 players).

the 3rd one I joined was Armored Core: NEXUS(I was exited to know that I have a chance or more like an advantage against my opponent) for $1.50 and the prize was $5.

the 4th one I joined was King of Fighters '01 or '02(w/e) the price was $1.50 and the prize was $5 and a bonus pic of K'. Iori, and Kyo drawn.

the final PS2 tourney I joined was Tony Hawk's American Waste Land(HORSE) and it was free w/ the prize of a Hook-Ups Tech Deck mini skate shop! (there where other Tourneys I joined that where not PS2. I did not put in the PSP, PSX, and the PS3 tourneys I joined to stay on-topic).

The thing that sucks is that no one can take Cameras, DVR's, or any type of device because he is scared of the fact that SONY might sue him or something. I will tell you guys what happened as the PS2 tourneys go by.

Last edited by Kannibal on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:24 pm
quote : #2
That sure is weird that he won't allow camera's. Sony will NOT sue him. That is craziness.

Also watch out in Q3 Arena on PS2. That game runs at a really solid framerate, however once you pickup Quad Damage, the framerate hitches up bigtime. A strange but unfortunate performance issue. Not really attributed to the PS2, but to the developers who ported the game. Are you guys doing 2 or 4 player splitscreen for that? I would do 1 on 1 eliminate, 2 player splitscreen until whoever wins.
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:18 am
quote : #3
That sounds very cool!
I hope that you do well and on top of that as always HAVE FUN! Wink
Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:22 pm
quote : #4
I ditched school to be there for the Quake III: Revolution and the King of Fighters '02(and 3 PSP, 4 PSX, 1 PS3.)! I lost the Q3 in the 3/4 bracket (BTW, it was 2ppl in Death match), the KoF '02 won it got $5 and a bonus of $1 from my friend if I won any tourneys.(The rest is disclosed) the best part is that the TV size was a huge HD SONY(because he has nearly all of his appliances SONY) with some type of Surround sound really loud. I had fun PWNing other ppl in Q3.
Posted:
Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:09 pm
quote : #5
So you played King of Fighters 2002 on an HDTV? That is a real shame. Systems displaying in a lower resolution than an HDTV's native options result in controller input lag from the conversion process. Which means everyones timing and combos would be off.

Its great to hear you had fun though, and always great to see a tournament held with a diverse game lineup. So many people only play "the latest" games. This tournament seems to have lots of variety.

Cool stuff
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:11 pm
quote : #6
I forgot to tell you guys that in Q3:R, we used these controllers and used the PS2 controller Adapter for the PS3 game we played to use these instead of the native Six Axis.

I bought 4 of these ($9.99 each, color/s: RED, blue, green, BLACK ) and a copy of Quake III: Revolution($34.99) and other fun periferals at the guy's little store he opened up today(until he gets sued by SONY or the gov.)

BTW, these thing are made with High Quality material which makes them as heavy as 3 cases of PS2 games with Instruction Manuals and the case and games(not really heavy)

Last edited by Kannibal on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:26 am
quote : #7
Jesus... that controller looks so stupid and so awesome at the same time. I'm tempted to track one down just to see what it feels like.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:23 am
quote : #8
It looks cool, but it isn't very practical. The triggers are like those you would find on a toy gun. I am not commenting on quality but more about functionality. You have to pull the trigger all the way in to fire. It is too much motion in my opinion. Instead of pressing a single button quickly, you have to pull on a trigger all the way with each firing motion.

Also look at those fingertip buttons? Squeezing the controller handle to perform an action is strange.
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:40 pm
quote : #9
The trigger is sensitive enough to actually allow you to press it halfway in and not have to waste seconds on shooting rifles, snipers, etc. I have experience using these so this is what I can call "talking from experience". and yes I would recommend getting one (or 4 as I did) and just trying it out. I also use it to play Twisted Metal(generally) or other car shooting games (other ones are Roadkill and 187 Ride or Die: even though I hate the music)

Posted Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:47 pm:

Today is the last day I play PS2 tourneys(until the next one I join) I won in both AC games yesterday and Today and won $5, but I lost the Tony Hawk's American Wasteland when I fell off a manual. This is it! to conclude this I would like to say thanks for reading my post on my journy through tourney(Just off the top of my head)
I will miss posting stuff up about PS2 tourneys until I join another one... Sad

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:13 am:

Tommorrow is the second last day for the whole thing but it will also be my last! I went through alot of games and won here and lost there. I have bought alot of the last things the guy had in his little PS Store(Games, accessories, skins, posters, strategy Guides, etc.) I might be playing online on sunday because I have nothing more to do at the tournament exept for 1 or 2 tourneys on PSP and PS3. all of this happened really quick and I was surprised. (falls asleep on older sister and drools)
Posted:
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:44 pm
quote : #10
Kannibal wrote:

Hahaha. "Naver"