Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:05 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have to let you guys know about this here cause my experience happened on a PS2. I was playing my games using some thing my friend let me borrow to make your screen look 3D when you wear 3D glasses! I played for a very long period of time and something bad happened(well, it sucked when it happened to me). I stopped playing and took off the glasses, when I looked around my vision was altered. in my left eye I saw Blue and in my right eye I saw Red. I thought I was going to stay like that for good, until some time passed and my vision returned to normal! thanks for reading my little misadventure!
Posted:
Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:54 am
quote : #2
That sounds pretty bad. I'm glad to hear you're ok now. I never use stuff like that, lol.

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:18 am
quote : #3
Don't worry, its perfectly normal for that to happen. The same happens if you wear someone else's glasses for a prolonged period of time. Its just your brain messing around with yer', nothing to worry about.
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:54 am
quote : #4
Yeah, after seeing only one color on one eye for a period of time, that eye becomes more sensitive to other colors.
Posted:
Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:03 am
quote : #5
How long does it stay sensitive? I haven't noticed anything like that since last night when I posted this up(or should I say like at 1:3X am GTM-7)

actually, when I woke up this morning to feed my hamsters my left eye(Blue Vision) took longer to get used to the light and than my Red eye(right) and right now I am all better now, but it was kind of scary thinking that I would stay like this forever and that I would need to go to the hospital and get operated or something.
Posted:
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:58 am
quote : #6
Was the 3D vision while playing games cool at least?

Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:37 am
quote : #7
Dude! I was playing freaking Armored Core: NEXUS, my new copy of Quake III: Revolution(the actual PS2 one), and some game My friend let me borrow that comes with the 3D kit(It was lame, so lame that I just felt like breaking the damn disk!). I had fun playing Armored Core: NEXUS more than Quake III: R because Q3R is the same thing as the DC Q3 except for the Interface and stuff like that. My Armored Core Experience changed after how real the fire looked when I died on purpose(right! Rolling Eyes ). I guess it made a lot of the stuff look kind of H.D. in a way on a regular T.V.
Posted:
Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:24 pm
quote : #8
I used 3d glasses on an old 8 bit system. These were an official product. They had the opposite kind of effect then 3D to me they made the TV look deep. I never noticed any vision changes after using them. I am surprised there has not been more tinkering with 3D in an official capacity or VR for that matter.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250184201038#ebayphotohosting please dont discuss these here though
Posted:
Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:13 pm
quote : #9
If by deep you mean that it looked like you can stick your hand in deep? or just sort of nothing deep?
Posted:
Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:54 pm
quote : #10
Kannibal wrote:
If by deep you mean that it looked like you can stick your hand in deep? or just sort of nothing deep?

Just made the TV its self look deep probably like the picture was inside the TV if that makes sense. Kinda like if you were looking at this page now you could see the text in front with the subject bar but the smileys half way back down the monitor.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:35 pm
quote : #11
Yeah! that is what I meant by looking deep. I want to buy the kit but when I find it Online, I end up buying something else instead...