rank 59
Posted:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:57 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok guys here it is, direct from Famitsu:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/dd4b03953957

It took me a while to realise what this is. At first I thought "oh the new Journey into Dreams game is coming to the PS2." I soon realised how wrong I was, after closely analyzing the above picture. The original saturn game, NiGHTS into Dreams is coming to the Playstation 2 in Japan.

With the recent release of a LAN enabled Virtual On, and now this, I really don't know what else to do with myself. This is like a Dream come true. Instead of these games being shoehorned onto some other console as downloadable emulations, Sega is giving these amazing games the attention they deserve. Real retail releases, with honest Sega fan service.

Once again I can't reiterate this enough: If aren't setup for imports, and you are a true blue sega fan, then you are missing out!

NiGHTS into Dreams - coming to the PS2 in 2008!! Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:42 am; edited 2 times in total
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:15 am
quote : #2
oh breaking news! I hope it will be be released on Europe Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:58 am
quote : #3
Do not expect this or any of these other Sega releases to reach North America or PAL Regions. I advise people to get a PS2 setup for imports or buy a Japanese PS2.

It is still up in the air whether this will be a standalone release, or part of the Sega Ages 2500 series. Personally I feel it should be on this label. If it comes out as a standalone it will be awkward. All of the other Saturn / Arcade ports have been on the Sega Ages 2500 series label.

Finally, notice all of the game news sites are posting about this, are stating the 16:9 mode is some "new" feature. NiGHTS had this from the beginning on the Saturn. Just goes to show you how ignorant and uninformed most people are about older games. People love to talk about games, but few have truly played games enough to be knowledgable.
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:42 pm
quote : #4
OMG I've been wanting to play this game for ages Very Happy
Posted:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:39 pm
quote : #5
Shocked

Wow. This is... unbelievable. If anything, I thought that the original NiGHTS would get cleaned up and put on the same disc as Journey into Dreams as a bonus. Really curious to see what improvements are made to the visuals. Judging from previous Sega Ages releases, I'm expecting a noticeable improvement.

X
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:41 pm
quote : #6
Oh man this is awesome news. This is a must buy. I never got to experience this game because I don't have a Saturn. I hope Sega continue doing great stuff like they have been lately.

Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:48 pm
quote : #7
I have always wanted to get a Japaneese game (because it was a japaneese release only) but I don't know how to read Japaneese!
Posted:
Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:03 am
quote : #8
This looks like it is going to be a different stand-alone game release. Which means it will not be a part of the Sega AGES 2500 series. I am partially dissappointed by this. I really like the idea of having all Sega classic releases on the PS2 branded with the Sega Ages themes, and having it be a volume in a collection.

On the plus side the fact that this game is coming out seperate can also be seen as a good thing. It means Sega releases on the PS2 would come out more frequently. New Sega AGES 2500 releases are all spaced out now with 2-3 coming out per year. They just released Virtual On, and they have Phantasy Star Collection and Fantasy Zone DXII on the way for 2008. So by Nights being a stand-alone game release, Sega releases could come out as both stand-alone and on the Sega AGES 2500 series label.
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:50 pm
quote : #9
I never get to play Nights!, i sold my saturn to buy a psx Sad
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:47 am
quote : #10
Awesome trailer:

http://www.gamekult.com/video/8691001/

Exclamation Shocked Exclamation
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:03 am
quote : #11
I had ordered the regular edition, but decided a month later to change that order to the Dreampack. Funny thing is, I received an invoice for both of the orders... so now I'm getting two copies of NiGHTS. Maybe I'll sell the extra one...

Some bad news, I bought a NTSC-J PS2 on ebay, but after sending my payment, the seller stopped all communication. This was unexpected, as she had been very prompt with emails previous to the payment. So now I'm trying to get a refund, and won't be able to buy a PS2 until that money comes back... so far it's a big hassle... wish me luck.

EDIT:

Ok, the package arrived yesterday! pictures coming soon...

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 pm
quote : #12
Various forums have reported that the PS2 port of NiGHTS is not 100% identical to the Saturn version, mainly that the PS2 port runs at a different speed. Can anyone corroborate these findings?