Topic: Xlink listings

Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:48 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Is it just my imagination or have a shed load more games been added to the Kia Xlink PS2 list? I Think there are some more for sure, I cant get a good look at present as it keeps dc'ing me for not being reachable Sad Have noted though they have Gamespy hosted games on which we cant get to work. Do they know something we dont? or do they just add games to the list without checking they work first? if so perhaps a post on thier forums could be an idea?

Laters
Posted:
Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:43 am
quote : #2
i don't know, but i'm having problems with games that are powered with gamespy except for tony hawk underground for now that's the only gamespy powered game that works with xlink have not tested it yet. it seems when i get connected with my config of xlink it says succesful config with xlink so i guess it works, but for battlefront 2 and call of duty 2 it says failed to config. i'm hoping to test xlink to see if is good and if i have a good config with the program. if so i will be buying timesplitters 2 and future perfect and a couple of armored core games.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:27 pm
quote : #3
kyuubi22 wrote:
i don't know, but i'm having problems with games that are powered with gamespy except for tony hawk underground for now that's the only gamespy powered game that works with xlink have not tested it yet. it seems when i get connected with my config of xlink it says succesful config with xlink so i guess it works, but for battlefront 2 and call of duty 2 it says failed to config. i'm hoping to test xlink to see if is good and if i have a good config with the program. if so i will be buying timesplitters 2 and future perfect and a couple of armored core games.

Search the site there is some information on gamespy games not working on Xlink. I dont know the ins and outs of why that is what I was thinking about is why do Kia Xlink keep listing more Gamespy games if Gamespy games are not working. They must know? honestly.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:00 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
The developers at XLink don't have the same strict testing conditions that we have.

They have even referenced our information here in the online game list sometimes in their forums, but they don't really understand what they are looking at. They simply add game arenas without doing any thorough testing or understanding that the PS2 is more like the PC. It runs a wide variety of network development kits which means certain tweaks may be necessary to get some PS2 games to function with XLink.

What makes it worse, is that I believe much of the xlink developers reside in Europe. With the Playstation 2 being so segmented across regions, their view of what is available for the PS2 is distorted. They could have tested with the PAL versions of some of these games, wtihout testing the North American ones. Though I believe a lot of these games just aren't compatible either way.

I need to get in contact with the developers there. The problem is that I have tried time and time again, and they just ignore me as if I am some random user looking to pester them. I think I have tried contacting them about 5 times, and they fail to realise the wealth of information I have available that would fix the inconsistancy of their PS2 tunneling support.
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:09 am
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
The developers at XLink don't have the same strict testing conditions that we have.

They have even referenced our information here in the online game list sometimes in their forums, but they don't really understand what they are looking at. They simply add game arenas without doing any thorough testing or understanding that the PS2 is more like the PC. It runs a wide variety of network development kits which means certain tweaks may be necessary to get some PS2 games to function with XLink.

What makes it worse, is that I believe much of the xlink developers reside in Europe. With the Playstation 2 being so segmented across regions, their view of what is available for the PS2 is distorted. They could have tested with the PAL versions of some of these games, wtihout testing the North American ones. Though I believe a lot of these games just aren't compatible either way.

I need to get in contact with the developers there. The problem is that I have tried time and time again, and they just ignore me as if I am some random user looking to pester them. I think I have tried contacting them about 5 times, and they fail to realise the wealth of information I have available that would fix the inconsistancy of their PS2 tunneling support.

I have just been taking a look around the Kia Xlink site Just wanted to know what they are about. Its a fan based project as I guess you knew so maybe one day they will notice things dont work and get round to fixing them but then again maybe not. Ive posted a topic on the forum maybe get some response wait and see but I have my doubts. Got a feeling the Gamespy incompatability problems are here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Laters