Page 1 of 1
MasquedWarrior
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
According to the online game list, "TribesAA's list sometimes has special 20, 24 or 32 player servers hosted by TeamWarFare and GamerPlug." I tried setting up the TAADS to have a player limit of 24, but when I launched the program, it said the value was too high, and capped it at 16. How does it work? Also, do either TeamWarFare or GamerPlug still run such servers? The last few times I booted up the game, I only found two 16-player servers, (one of which was password-protected.) Has anyone else recently seen any 32-player servers on the list?

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:47 pm
quote : #2
I haven't seen one in years.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:29 pm
quote : #3
The 32 player servers were up during the games peak. The tournament crowd is long gone, and even if a 32 player server was up, you would need 32 people to actually fill it. That is a tall order these days considering most Tribes player have moved on. The only remnants of Tribes players are people here at OC, and then the "boys club" that is the rest. Though honestly that is how most TAA players acted on GamerPlug back in the day. Lots of punching each other in the arm, locker room type behavior.

I played on a 32 player server about 2 times on TAA. Each time the games were full, however this was back in fall of 2003.
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:54 pm
quote : #4
I believe there are ways to modify the server (including max player count) if you hex edit the AADS code, but I wouldn't know where to start. Actually, I don't even have AADS right now. Even if we could revive them though, like Nikon said, they wouldn't get filled.

MasquedWarrior
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:44 pm
quote : #5
Yeah, I know it'll be difficult, if possible, to even get more than sixteen people to meet in the same game at all. The two most recent times my friend and I logged on, no one was playing, but fortunately, each time, a few more people joined right after we did. I guess those people must've been repeatedly refreshing the server list, waiting for some activity to show up.

Techno 24
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:51 pm
quote : #6
People have actually been playing this game lately. Last week I saw a Hunters server. As for 32 players? Don't hold your breath. A 16-player server is fine for now and it's rare that a 16-player server gets filled anyway. But I will say that since the holidays the game has picked up a bit. 7-10pm especially on the weekends is quite active.

Now if only I could figure out how to get my AADS servers working I'd be more than happy to host some servers for different game types like DM or TDM.

kennethffx2
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:43 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U
It is still possible to run a 24 man and a 32 man server. Even a 99 man server if you wanted to.
I can still do it. If anyone wants me to, let me know and I will.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:04 am
quote : #8
I just don't think you are going to get enough players to fill the server in the first place. So a 24 or 32 man server seems like overkill at this point.
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:39 am
quote : #9
kennethffx2 wrote:
It is still possible to run a 24 man and a 32 man server. Even a 99 man server if you wanted to.
I can still do it. If anyone wants me to, let me know and I will.

What steps are needed to create a 24/32 player server?